Ultimate Despair: Part 2

"Ok! GO!" Alter Ego shouted, and as soon as they did, the Monokuma that they were currently hijacked into immediately crumpled onto the floor in a death-like state. The split-second that this event happened, Mondo immediately reeled back and smashed down the large red doors!

"FUCK YEAH!" Mondo shrieked "I FINALLY BROKE SOMETHING! THAT FELT SO GOOD!"

"Hurry up! We don't have time to monologue!" Kyoko exclaimed. Sure enough, Alter Ego wasn't kidding about the short time frame the two had to get to the elevator. The moment the door was bursted down, the cranky elevator already started moving before the two were actually inside it. Kyoko and Mondo were forced to take a running dive to get through the door before it closed on them, with both of them lying a crumbled heap on the floor.

"Owch!" Kyoko rubbed her thigh that she had injured slightly from her landing "Mondo? Are you ok?"

"Yeah, I'm good," Mondo seemed mostly uninjured "I've feel off a bike more times in my life than I can count. This ain't nothin' by comparison."

As things stood now, the hard part of the plan was over. Mondo and Kyoko casually descended down to the trial grounds on the elevator, just as they had done earlier that same day. There was a slightly awkward silence as they sat and waited to arrive at the trial grounds.

"Damn...I've been down this elevator so many times now, twice today in fact, and I never realized just how fucking slow it is...!" Mondo tapped his foot in a mix of tension and frustration "shit man, can't this damn thing go any faster?"

"It's actually going faster than normal," Kyoko said "I'm willing to bet Alter Ego is making it go as fast as possible that allows us to stay safe...unless of course you'd prefer us to fall to the bottom?"

"No no no no! Not funny!" Mondo immediately panicked at her suggestion. What felt like another minute or so passed, and eventually, the elevator finally arrived at it's location. The doors opened, and the two peeked carefully out to check that they truly were alone and by themselves.

"Alright," Mondo thought "now what?" 

"There are some doors that branch off these trial rooms," Kyoko said "they're where some of us got dragged for the executions. I say we search around there, and then if we don't find any trapdoors, we look elsewhere."

Mondo silently nodded, complying with whatever she said, simply because he thought she was more trustworthy in this situation than he could ever be. However, the silence left a sinking feeling in the Biker's gut, so he tried to make idle conversation in order to make himself feel more comfortable.

"You know what I was sayin' in that I owed Chihiro for savin' my life way back then?" he asked "I always get the horrible image every time I see one of those executions, and thinkin' about how that coulda' been me..."

"Maybe you could ask Alter Ego what your execution entailed," Kyoko suggested "it might give you clearance so you're more aware of what fate you may have met. I doubt it will make you feel any better, but it might be worth a go.

"N-Nah..." Mondo shook his head "but...I'm amazed I can even still keep goin' when I have all of those awful memories of my pals dyin'...I can't even begin to imagine what it might be like for Mukuro havin' to watch Makoto die like that...Or how it might've been for Sakura to watch Hina."

"Sakura cared about Hina a lot, even though they only knew each other for a short time," Kyoko said "she was despairing...But she was able to recover from that, and that's just proof of how strong she really was."

"I'd say we're all gettin' stronger in our own way, the longer things go on," Mondo told her "bit by bit, we're gettin' stronger an' better. It ain't so bad you know?"