Ultimate Despair: Part 18 [Class Trial]

The enigmatic detective removed her purple, studded gloves...Everyone had their own unique reaction as to what was unveiled when she did. Mondo grit his teeth, Taka let out a small gasp, Mukuro's eyes widened, and Chihiro and Alter Ego both tensed up. Chihiro felt his heart skip a beat upon seeing Kyoko's hands...for they were covered in nasty burns and scars...

"Grotesque, are they not?" Kyoko looked downtrodden and dejected, but retained a small smile on her face "as great as a detective you may think I am, even I have many flaws...especially when I was young and inexperienced..."

"But...why show us this now?" Alter Ego asked "you wore those gloves specifically for the purpose of not wanting those scars to be seen...Why reveal them to us so casually?"

"If it means that we can use it to unveil the Mastermind's crimes," Kyoko explained "then I really don't mind in the slightest..."

Kyoko, still retaining her sad smile, slid her hand back into her glove, and spoke to Monokuma, though she refused to make eye contact with the bear.

"Those burns should be sufficient evidence," Kyoko said "Chihiro's reaction clearly says that the person who attacked him didn't have awful burns like I do. Am I correct?"

"No, she's right," Chihiro said "their hands were completely clean."

"Then that settles it," Kyoko looked up "the masked figure who attacked Chihiro is undoubtedly the 16th student: The Mastermind."

"Daaaw! This sucks!" Monokuma pouted "not only did my cover get blown, but I got forced to look at Kyoko's disgusting hands! Whoops! My bad! Did I hurt your feelings? I HOPE SO!"

"You can say whatever you want to me," Kyoko said "this trial doesn't end with your victory, so why should I care?"

"You saying that it's all good so long as you have me backed into a corner!?" Monokuma snapped "you guys haven't figured out anything to do with my true identity yet, so don't get ahead of yourselves!"

"Ah, right, so now that we've proved the Mastermind is the 16th student AND was the attacker, what now?" Taka asked "is there any way we can figure out the identity of the mysterious person?"

"What evidence do we have in terms of their true identity?" Mukuro asked.

"Well, here's the thing," Mondo spoke up suddenly "we've got the photos and we've got those interview videos. But I might have something else that we can use..."

[Select a Truth Bullet]

🔫The Ultimate Despair
🔫Gift Box
🔫The Headmaster's Photograph
🔫Monokuma Control Pad
🔫Class 78 Student Profile
🔫Bio Lab's Secret
🔫Morgue Lights
🔫Kyoko's Notebook
🔫Mondo's Notebook
🔫Mukuro's Belt
🔫78th Class Emergency Interview DVD's
🔫Chihiro's Photograph
🔫Group Photograph

🔫The Ultimate Despair 🔫Gift Box 🔫The Headmaster's Photograph 🔫Monokuma Control Pad 🔫Class 78 Student Profile 🔫Bio Lab's Secret 🔫Morgue Lights 🔫Kyoko's Notebook 🔫Mondo's Notebook 🔫Mukuro's Belt 🔫78th Class Emergency Interview DVD's 🔫Chi...