A Next Generation Legend: Part 9

Chihiro was able to get a good night's sleep that night. This time around, he was fairly certain no one would kill for the sake of the motive, and the good deed he'd performed that night made him feel a lot more content with himself. Of course, it was impossible to be completely relaxed give the situation, but still, this was as relaxed as one could be. 

When the morning announcement hit, Chihiro rolled out of bed. Not due to lack of sleep, but due to the fact that he just wanted to lie there and keep on napping. Oh well, as long as he showed up to the morning announcement, he could just go back to bed and continue sleeping.

However, upon arriving at the dining hall, Chihiro's heart sank as he saw that nobody was there. He frantically checked the clock on the wall. He was certainly on time, so where was everyone? Taka especially wouldn't be late to the meeting, so what had happened? Chihiro began to suspect the worst, when suddenly, he spotted something on the table. He approached it, and found a small note. He picked it up, and read what was on it.

"For all the latecomers.

Party up at the rec room.

Morning meeting will be hosted there."

The note wasn't signed, but the handwriting on the paper was extraordinarily neat, so Chihiro assumed it was from Taka. However, the contents of the note didn't seem like something Taka would actually say. Regardless, since no one else was about, Chihiro shook off his tiredness, and made his way upstairs to the rec room on the third floor.

Sure enough, by the time Chihiro arrived, pretty much everyone else was in the rec room, holding what seemed to be a small party. Makoto and Hiro were the first ones to greet him when he walked in.

"Hey! Good morning Chihiro," he smiled "welcome!"

"What's going on?" Chihiro asked "we're having a party? What's the occasion?"

"We just figured we'd lay back and have fun for a while," Hiro explained "Ogre came back to the dining hall more chipper than I've ever seen her, so we decided to come up here and burn that energy."

So that's what "chipper" looks like on Sakura... Chihiro glanced in the giant girls direction, noticing she had the same calm expression as usual. However, Sakura caught his glance, and winked in his direction, as a means of saying thanks. Chihiro winked back, which Makoto caught, but didn't understand the context.

"Anyway, I'm glad you got my note," Hiro said, failing to notice the transaction "I'll bet you were pretty worried when you walked in and didn't find anybody, huh?"

"Wait...YOU wrote that note?" Chihiro was surprised "I didn't expect that..."

"Why not dude?" Hiro asked.

"Well...forgive me for saying this but..." Chihiro decided to be totally honest "the handwriting was...a lot more sensible than I expected from you."

"Yeah, man," Hiro smiled "I found some really neat fountain pens in the storage area, so I used that. I was told that messy handwriting gets you cursed, so I practice."

Who told you that...? Chihiro couldn't help but wonder.

"Anyway, forget about the note and all the other stuff for now," Makoto said "you wanna play me at darts?"

"Sure!" Chihiro asked "but...I'm not too tall, so I don't know if I can even reach high enough to hit the board..."

"It's ok, I'm not that good at it either..." Makoto admitted.