Boys Life of Despair: Part 3

Other than the pool area, the second floor the academy didn't contain as much as everyone thought it would. However, there was still a lot of ground to cover, so everyone else had split up and were covering different places. Hina, Makoto, Chihiro and Celeste, as already mentioned, investigated the pool area and the changing rooms. Taka remained on the first floor to check if anything had opened up down there. Hiro, Junko, Mondo and Sakura had all split up to investigate any of the second floor classrooms.

However, the other 4 students, Byakuya, Kyoko, Hifumi and Toko, were investigating the other facility that had been opened up to the students on the second floor. That being a library.

"This is outrageous!" Hifumi squealed, much to Byakuya's annoyance.

"You know, you're not supposed to yell in a library," he grumbled "what what exactly is outrageous?"

"Look at this!" Hifumi waved his chubby hands around the room "there are so many books to be found here, and yet not a single copy of my own manga is anywhere!"

"Of course not. Why would they have manga in a library?" Toko smirked "especially the amateur-hand drawn hentai that you do..."

"Your ignorance is so visable it's like a solid object!" Hifumi clenched his fist "you understand my work not, Ms Fukawa!"

"Oh, but I do..." Toko continued with her disgusting smirk "manga drawn by someone with that kind of face is destined for mediocrity..."

Naturally, this pissed Hifumi off.

"They say you should never judge a book by it's cover, and in my opinion, neither should you judge it by how it's author looks!" he snapped "listen to me! Outward appearances mean nothing! What you see before your eyes is nothing more than the skin that wraps my true self! My meaning and worth can only be judged by the contents of my work!"

"Was that supposed to be a rousing speech?" Toko asked "pitiful..."

"Such attacks will not deplete my health bar..." Hifumi weebed "I've grown so accustomed to taunt attacks, that I have developed an immunity to them!"

"You people both terrify and disgust me...mostly disgust though..." Byakuya grumbled "still...this library is very fascinating..."

"In what way?" Toko asked. Byakuya shook his head

"That is none of your concern..." he said, then turning to the fourth person in the room suddenly, asking "what are you doing?"

Kyoko was examining a nearby small, dusty shelf of books, however, she wasn't looking at the books themselves. Instead, her attention was drawn to the top of the shelf, as she reached and showed everyone else something. A letter.

"Hope's Peak Academy...Administrative Office..." Byakuya read the words on the envelope aloud. Kyoko began to pat the letter as she dusted it off.

"It's got quite a few layers of dust on it," she said "clearly it's been here for a while...Let's see what's inside..."

"Isn't it kinda rude to uh...go peeking?" Toko asked.

"It'd be worse for us if we didn't look." Kyoko replied bluntly. When she opened the dusty envelope, there was a single piece of paper inside. She read the words on the paper aloud...

Notice from the Hope's Peak Academy administrative office.

For many years, Hope's Peak Academy has dedicated itself to the cultivation of world class talent. The academy, operating under special government sanction, has a long-standing tradition of producing the highest quality graduates in all fields, many of whom are still flourishing in society. Nevertheless, it has come to pass that this glorious work, for the time being, must be placed on hold. We bitterly regret having to make this difficult decision, but the grave problem which has arisen has our hands tied. However, this does not spell the end for Hope's Peak Academy. We fully intend to reinstate operations as soon as the aforementioned problem has been remedied. In conclusion, we'd like to offer our sincerest thanks to everyone who has provided their support and assistance over the years. And, in addendum, we would like to make it known that we are waiting to receive approval from the relevant branches of the government before formally ceasing operations here at Hope's Peak.