All-Star Apologies: Part 4

"Wh-What the-!?" Chihiro exclaimed as everyone arrived back at the cafeteria. Since Junko and he had split off from each other, he'd arrived back at the cafeteria first and by himself. However, upon entering the room, he found that he was not alone in the slightest. Taeko Yasuhiro was sitting in her usual spot of the cafeteria by herself, almost as if she were waiting for everyone's return.

"I suppose I should say good day..." she said "though you may not want to exchange pleasentries with me after all that's happened..."

"Why are you here?" Chihiro asked. As he did, the others started arriving back at the cafeteria. As soon as they saw Taeko, they all froze.

"I came here to get some tea," Taeko sighed "if you don't want me around, then I'll leave, but since I'm being forced to be stuck here with all of you even after all that happened, I may as well share what I found out in my own investigation..."

"Tch...You always gotta be talkin' down to us, huh?" Mondo asked.

"Alright Taeko, we'll here what you have to say..." Taka sighed, but said no more as everyone gathered round the table, "let us begin with our reports everyone. What did we uncover?"

"Wait, before we start," Mondo said "is there even less of us now? Where're Byakuya and Junko?"

"Byakuya didn't feel like returning with me after we finished our investigation," Kyoko explained "he decided to go off on his own this evening."

"Junko was acting funny..." Chihiro explained "not haha funny but...She said that she was feeling unwell and went back to her room..."

"What of Makoto?" Taeko asked "I expected him to be here..."

"He's..." Chihiro explained "he's not right in the head right now...We saw him briefly this morning but...he's changed and now he's refusing to cooperate with us, like you and Byakuya..."

"I'm cooperating now, aren't I?" Taeko made a fair point, and Chihiro remained quiet.

"Ok then..." Mondo said "who's gonna go first?"

"I suggest Taeko gets her information out of the way first," Kyoko said "we don't know where she was after all..."

"Very well..." Taeko sighed "I was idly wandering around and looking at the new area on my own...And, as expected, there are even more thick, irremovable, iron plates on the windows...Escape from the fourth floor should be deemed impossible..." 

"Yeah, yeah, we figured that out already..." Mondo growled "we'll go nex-"

"I'm not finished," Taeko cut in, darkness in her expression "don't write me off so suddenly..."

"Just get it over with..." Kyoko frowned.

"Hmph..." Taeko grunted "aside from that, I wandered about the hallways and found that two of the rooms on the fourth floor are locked. I can't be absolutely sure, but one of them seemed to be a data processing room, and the other appeared to be the headmasters office."

"Oh..." Taka said "I didn't see either of those..." 

"If it really is the headmasters office, then I'm willing to bet there will be some pretty important clues we can find in there..." Chihiro hypothesized.

"Did you find anything of note in the headmasters office?" Taka asked. Taeko rolled her eyes.

"Did you miss the part where I told you that both of the rooms were locked and I couldn't get in?" she asked.

"A-Ah...sorry..." Taka frowned "my head pains are making it a bit hard to focus..."

"Thanks to someone..." Mondo growled quietly but clearly loud enough for Taeko to hear him, as she shot a sharp glare in his direction.