Ultimate Despair: Part 25 [Class Trial END]

I am Chihiro Fujisaki...

I am the Ultimate Programmer...

I'm nothing more than a traitor...

A man who was too weak to protect his friends...

A man who laid the groundwork for a solid chunk of the destruction the world is facing...

A plaything for Junko Enoshima to toy with...

And this...this whole entire Killing Game.

11 innocent people died after being forced to play into this madness.

Not one of them deserved it...!

And in the end...it was all for nothing...

They didn't deserve to be forced into this...this torture. To kill or be killed or to watch their friends and loved ones in jeopardy.

Can I...really live with myself, knowing that? Knowing that I won't be able to carry their wishes out of here alive?

Mondo...

Taka...

Kyoko...

Mukuro...

I want to save them but...

I don't know what to do anymore.

What's the right thing to do?

...

"Well, I would start by refusing to give up...!"

Chihiro's eyes suddenly burst open, and he found that he was once again inside the courtroom. However, weirdly, everyone who was there was now gone. Mondo, Taka, Mukuro, Kyoko, Alter Ego and even Junko were now gone, and this whole place he was in felt less like reality and more like a dream...

However, Chihiro looked across the courtroom in one of the previously empty seats, and saw someone that he never thought he'd be able to see again, and his heart stopped...

Makoto Naegi...

"What's wrong with you?" Makoto asked "are you all out of steam? Are you afraid that your friends are going to sacrifice you?"

"N-No, that's not-!" Chihiro replied "everyone's...we all know it now...fighting against Junko...fighting against all the Despair in the world...it's a fruitless endeavor...! If even one person votes for me, it's game over! No matter how you look at it, I'm fucked!"

"Are you sure about that?" Makoto asked "because you taught me something back when I was still alive...When you make a mistake, you fix it. And you've made the mistake of allowing your AI to be used as part of Junko's plan...so what will you do?"

"You're telling me to fix it?" Chihiro asked "how? I'm alone! Even after all of this, I'm alone!"

"No...you're not..." Makoto held out his arms, and as if by magic, almost all of the seats in the courtroom were suddenly filled... "even though we're gone...You'll have us...You'll always, ALWAYS, have us..."

"..."

[Non-Stop Debate]

🔫No...

Leon?: What are you doing Chihiro!?

Leon?: Are you seriously trying to quit now!?