(Chapter 3) A Next Generation Legend: Part 1

"Well...look who decided to show up..."

Chihiro tossed and turned, until he finally shook himself awake. As soon as he was, his heart sunk, as he realized he had returned to a place that he didn't want to return to...The red room...Looking up, he saw them once again...The shadows with unidentifiable faces, and the figures of Leon and Sayaka, back to taunt him again...But this time around, they were not alone...There were two more...

It didn't take a perceptive individual to figure out who these two new people were taking the form of...Leon and Sayaka were dead, and now, so were Toko and Hina...As of such, these "shadows"... These "ghosts"... now took their form.

"So you were actually a boy the whole time...?" Toko jeered "makes no sense...you don't exude guy energy at all..."

Chihiro didn't respond...he just sat there tucking his body in.

"Hey..." Toko glared "are you ignoring me?"

"Get used to this..." Leon grumbled "he ignores and forgets people a lot...He'll forget about you eventually..."

"What? That's awful..." Hina groaned.

"Yeah, it sure is," Sayaka leered "I know "he" made you a promise Hina, but I'll be pretty surprised if he ends up keeping it..."

During this whole conversation between the ghosts, Chihiro said nothing...He just curled himself up into a ball, and cried himself back to sleep.

Eventually, he woke up again, back inside his bedroom. However, with the events that had happened at the second class trial the previous day, combined with the terrible nightmare he'd just had, Chihiro just lay in his bed for a long time...The morning announcement rang out around the school, but even then, he still just lay there...They only moved when they heard a knocking at the door...

That must be Taka coming to get me up... Chihiro thought, falling out of bed and sadly slumping towards the door. Opening it, he was quite surprised to see that it wasn't Taka, but was, in fact, Hiro.

The clairvoyant stood there in silence for a second, after opening the door and seeing the bags under Chihiro's eyes...

"No sleep, huh?" he enquired. Chihiro shook his head.

"No, I slept..." he told him "but it was a rough night..."

"Right...I figured..." Hiro sighed "listen, Taka told me to come getcha, but I can go back and tell him you're not feeling well..."

"No...I'll...I'll be there in a bit...Just let me get dressed..." Chihiro sighed. Hiro nodded, and closed the door to let Chihiro get dressed in private.

Hold on... he thought suddenly now that I think about it...

Everyone else was shaken over the events of the class trial from the previous day too, but, like usual, everyone gathered in the same spot in the cafeteria for the morning meeting. Hiro walked back to the cafeteria, and stepped in on everyone else, awaiting him.

"Is...Chihiro ok?" Taka asked him, eagerly. Hiro nodded.

"She's...uh...HE'S tired..." Hiro explained "but he's on his way..."

"We're probably never going to get used to that, are we?" Hifumi asked. He was, of course, referring to the surprise that had came from Chihiro revealing to everyone that he was a boy instead of a girl, and how no one had quite fully processed the truth of the matter fully.

"So, speaking of which..." Junko piped up "I've been wondering...like, do you think Chihiro actually IS a boy?"

"What do you mean?" Makoto asked "that's what his handbook said, right?"