All-Star Apologies: Part 8

The tension in the air was heavy enough to crush a person. All the girl did was remove her wig, and state her name. But in doing so, these simple actions had erased the girl everyone had known as Junko Enoshima from existence entirely...

Regardless, the way Junko knew that a meeting would happen today now made sense. If she really was a traitor on the masterminds side, then Monokuma likely told her directly...That being said...it was clear that despite how much Chihiro wanted to deny it, this girl that faced them was not Junko Enoshima.

"What the fuck...!?" Mondo was having way too hard a time keeping up with anything that was going on, understandably.

"Mukuro Ikusaba..." Kyoko spoke softly.

"This is ridiculous! Wigs are against school regulation Junko! I-I mean Mukuro!" Taka snapped, before he snapped back to reality "w-wait a minute! What am I saying!? That's not important right now! Ack...my head hurts..."

"It you want more proof than the wig, take a look..." Junko, or rather Mukuro, said, reaching for her hand. She rubbed the back of it for a bit, and once she did, she showed everyone that she bared a wolf-shaped tattoo on the back of it. It was unmistakably the same tattoo the girl in the photo had. She had covered it up with foundation.

"Tattoos are against school regulations too!" Taka snapped, before smacking himself in the face "dammit Taka, snap out of it!"

"Ah...I recall now..." Byakuya smirked "there was a file on you in the library archive...A young girl who's a respected member of the Fenrir Mercenary group...I should have thought that someone like that would be cooperating with the Masterminds..."

"So you read that document too..." Kyoko thought aloud.

"And you all said I was dangerous..." Taeko grinned.

Makoto looked like he wasn't sure how to react to all of this. His face was shocked, almost as if his soul was being crushed, but at the same time, the look he had was one of borderline malice...

"So...?" he said finally "spill it. Have you been lying to us this whole time?"

Mukuro was silent for a moment, before she replied...

"Yes. I've been posing as Junko Enoshima the whole killing game...The real Junko Enoshima is likely somewhere else, or possibly even dead," she explained "I helped lock everyone else inside this academy. I have been working alongside the Mastermind even before this killing game started...But since it began, I seem to have been cast aside...Even though my identity has been revealed, I haven't been withdrawn from the killing game. I can kill any of you, and any of you can kill me..."

"Then I suggest we do it and get this over and done with...!" Taeko smirked.

"Shut the hell up!" Makoto spat violently in her direction "you've already caused enough damage! No one is going to die, not even Mukuro!"

"You're defending her?" Byakuya leered "why? Could it be that you two are secretly collaborating?"

"You have no evidence to say that's true!" Chihiro snapped "stop jumping to conclusions!"

"I'll think whatever the hell I like...!" Byakuya snapped back.

"You don't have to believe my words...In all honesty, I'm not expecting you to..." Mukuro said "but Makoto has nothing to do with this. Leave him, and anyone else, out of my problem."

"Don't defend me, you traitor..." Makoto glowered.

"Welp, I did expect things would end up like this, so I think I'm gonna jet and leave you kids be!" Monokuma smirked "oh, but before that! Mukuro. Remember, not all hope is lost for you yet! All you have to do is complete your original mission, and I'll stay true to my word! Like I said, this reveal isn't an outright motive. What you kids decide to do with this information is entirely up to you! You can kill or torture her, or let her kill or torture you, or you can all just leave it be! I don't mind which way things go at this point. So long as you keep it exciting!"