To Survive: Part 3

When Chihiro entered the dining hall with Junko, she immediately exclaimed as her eyes fell on someone in particular.

"Makoto!" she exclaimed "you're alright!"

"Huh? Oh hey," Makoto waved awkwardly "yeah, of course I'm fine. It takes a lot more than a punch to take me down...I'm still annoyed though. Day 1 of school and everyone already knows how much of a loser I am..."

"Don't sweat it..." Junko made double peace signs with her hands, "c'mon, let's just sit down..."

Chihiro was surprised to realize that it was already gone 7pm in the evening. As she finished talking to Makoto, and everyone in the room arrived after them, one by one, everyone began to sit down on the biggest table in the center. She sat opposite Makoto, in between Sayaka and Hina. Byakuya sat at a different table, away from the group, and Toko chose to remain standing, not too far away from him.

"Excellent! It seems we've all arrived!" Taka took charge once again "I would like to call a group assembly effective immediate! Let's go around and discuss what we uncovered during our respective investigations! The sooner we find out what's goin...

"Excellent! It seems we've all arrived!" Taka took charge once again "I would like to call a group assembly effective immediate! Let's go around and discuss what we uncovered during our respective investigations! The sooner we find out what's going on, the sooner we get out of here!"

"W-Wait a second!" Junko slammed the table to get everyone's attention "aren't we forgetting someone?"

"Huh? Who're you talking about?" Chihiro asked.

"I'm talking about that silver haired chick...what was her name...? Ah, right! Kyoko. Where's Kyoko?" Junko asked "she isn't here yet. Are we really gonna start without her?"

"What?" Taka stumbled back. Chihiro spun around to look around the cafeteria. Just as Junko said, Kyoko was nowhere in sight...

"Where do you think she is?" Hina asked "has anyone seen her?" Nobody spoke up.

"Huh? Nobody's seen her anywhere?" Makoto asked "that's...strange..."

Chihiro immediately thought the worst, but realized that she shouldn't be thinking like that.

"Kyoko, you insolent...how dare you be late on your first day...!" Taka grumbled, clenching his fist "being late is one thing, but not to inform anyone, much less myself, in advance!?"

"You do realize what you're saying is, like, ridiculous, right?" Junko asked. 

"Well, time is of the essence..." Taka sighed "no matter. We must start without her...Well then! I hereby declare the first regular Hope's Peak Academy informational assembly open!"

"Then...if I may..." Sayaka suddenly got to her feet "as I'm sure most of you are aware, I went around keeping tabs on everyone who was investigating. I checked up on everyone at least once..."

"You did? I didn't see you..." Chihiro said.

"Well, I didn't say "hi" or anything," Sayaka explained "I just came in while you were pulling on iron plates to no avail, and thought "maybe I shouldn't interrupt...""