Boys Life of Despair: Part 12 [Daily Life END]

The world turned white...

Chihiro couldn't even scream in what she thought would be her final moments. The dumbbell came down upon her very quickly, and there was no time that she could get out of the way. She would die without knowing what Mondo was thinking at that time, but there was one thing she was sure of.

Despite what was happening, she knew that this wasn't his fault.

She'd made an assumption. One that would cost her. She had assumed that Mondo would have been strong enough to get over the motive; to have a will so strong that he'd never resort to underhanded murder just to keep it. But she was wrong, and she'd never even considered that this was her doing...

Now, she was going to die, and if everyone else was smart enough in the following class trial, that would be two more deaths on her hands. Mondo's and her own.

The words of the apparitions of Leon and Sayaka came back to her at this time.

"It's your fault..."

It was her fault. Not Mondo's. Not Leon's. Not Sayaka's.

Hers.

She wasn't strong enough...she never would be...

Chihiro shut her eyes tight, preparing for the impact. If the dumbbell collided with her head, her death would be instant and painless. That was what she was hoping for. It's what she deserved.

However...the only thing that came in the following moments was a loud thud...

Chihiro slowly opened her eyes, and was greeted with Mondo's lifeless face. He was still breathing, she could tell that much due to how close his face was, but his eyes looked empty, as if he'd gone blind with rage...

If anything, the situation proved it...for when Mondo tried to bring the dumbbell down upon Chihiro...he missed...

He sat there, unmoving, and when Chihiro saw her chance, she made a mad rush for an escape. She had almost been killed by someone she thought she could trust! She dashed out of the room and tried to get back to the dorms as fast as she possibly could! She had to tell someone what had happened! Taka? Celeste if she was still around? Kyoko? Junko would probably act in her defense...

However, as soon as she reached the stairs, she halted in her tracks.

For some reason, she couldn't take one step down...She didn't know why, but she found herself looking back from where she'd ran from. The words of the apparitions still echoed in her mind.

"It was her fault..."

Still breathing heavily, Chihiro weighed her options. No matter what way you looked at it, this had been a failed murder attempt, but it was still her fault Mondo had attacked her in the first place...So was he really the one who should be getting in trouble?

Not only that, but if Chihiro went to the others, she'd have to explain to them how she was able to get into the boys changing room, thus revealing her secret. She still felt that she hadn't gained the strength to do that yet.

So...in the end...she made her decision...

She risked it...and went back...

When Chihiro got back to the changing rooms, Mondo was still there. He was in the exact same spot she'd left him, but he was now curled up into a ball and was crying his eyes out...

It hurt to see him like this, when he'd been so strong and so brave so far.

Chihiro didn't exactly know what to do to announce that she'd come back for him. However, when Mondo finally spoke, his voice muffled, she felt she didn't need to. He already knew.