A Next Generation Legend: Part 18 [Class Trial]

The person who killed Sakura...that's pretty clear now...I can prove it with this piece of evidence.

[Select a Truth Bullet]

🔫Monokuma File #3
🔫State of Hifumi's Body
🔫Knife
🔫Damp Fabric
🔫State of Sakura's Body
🔫Empty Bucket
🔫Small patch of blood
🔫Open wiring
🔫Hiro's Account
🔫Empty Trash Room Bin
🔫Rubber Gloves
🔫Mondo's Account
🔫Sakura's arrangement with Taka
🔫Kiyotaka Ishimaru
🔫Note in Hifumi's Pants
🔫E-Handbook
🔫Cloth

🔫Monokuma File #3 🔫State of Hifumi's Body 🔫Knife 🔫Damp Fabric 🔫State of Sakura's Body 🔫Empty Bucket 🔫Small patch of blood 🔫Open wiring 🔫Hiro's Account 🔫Empty Trash Room Bin 🔫Rubber Gloves 🔫Mondo's Account 🔫Sakura's arrangement with Ta...

"When we found Hifumi in the incinerator, there was one part of the crime scene that didn't add up to me," Chihiro explained "there was a piece of fabric on the floor, which upon closer inspection, we realized it was a piece of Hifumi's tie, that had burnt off when he was stuffed inside it."

"The weird part about the state of the piece of tie," Kyoko continued "is that it was damp...As if it had been drenched in water or something like that..."

"Water...!" Junko's face went pale "you mean like the water...that Sakura was drenched in...!?"

"Given that Hifumi's tie was wet, presumably from the water that was thrown on Sakura, I think we can fairly say that Hifumi is the one who killed her..." Byakuya concluded.

"But then...!" Mondo asked "who attacked Taka? Why'd they even go after Taka in the first place!?"

"Remember the motive Mondo?" Chihiro explained "to get out without a class trial, Hifumi would have had to kill two people. Sakura was one, and it's likely that Taka was going to be the other..."

"So...Hifumi's accomplice attacked Taka, so that Hifumi could go down to the storage room, kill him, and get away?" Makoto asked.

"But...why go after Taka?" Junko asked.

"Taka's an easy target Junko," Celeste said bluntly "it's not fair, but everyone knows that he's always out and about at night, doing his rounds. Furthermore, he's taken them a lot more seriously lately. It's no different reason as to how Hifumi knew Sakura would be at the lab."

"So...is it true?" Hiro asked "Fumi really killed Ogre?"

"I can hardly believe it, but based on everything else...it's likely that that's happened..." Chihiro said "I think the plan, like Kyoko said, was for Hifumi to kill Sakura, while his accomplice attacked Taka. When Taka was knocked out, it would be easy for Hifumi to go down to the storage room, and then kill Taka. The person who attacked him doesn't count as a witness to a murder, because there was no death!"

"And then...!" Junko began to put the pieces together "whoever Hifumi teamed up with...stabbed him in the back!"

"Right!" Mondo said "whoever he teamed up with betrayed him and killed him! So we gotta figure out who it was!"