TO YOU, IN THE FUTURE

Life has its perks.

There are the downsides, and then there are the upsides. It's like a scale that's always tipping depending on the weight that's placed upon it. Sometimes, someone might make a mistake and put too much, which results in the scale being out of balance. Whether or not that's good or bad depends on you. I'm no perfectionist, but I'd prefer if it was more on the 50/50 side. Better safe than sorry as they say.

Of course, if you're reading this then I'm sure you already know about that. I'm surprised you even found this letter, so well done my friend! If you're not the type to collect old relics like these, do you think you can pass it onto the next person you see? I don't want the only thing that's basically keeping me alive in a sense to be destroyed, and I'm sure it must be old and fading by now depending on how long it's been.

Or, you know, give it to the person it's addressed to. I'm sure I must've added the name somewhere on the envelope, unless it's already fading.

To You, In The Future,

It may be twenty years, it may be thirty, or it can even be tomorrow. Whatever the circumstances, however you find this letter, I want you to keep on smiling.

Go on, smile. Whether or not you're feeling down, I'm sure smiling will make you feel just a little better. And if it hasn't, well, at least you tried.

I'm sorry. There are a lot of things I want to say, but I have such little time that I can't even begin to fathom how much I'd have to write. I wish I could be there with you, to express everything that's been on my mind. I want to share my hopes and dreams for the future with you so badly, but yet I can't, because I'm not even sure how to word them right. Ironic, isn't it?

This letter is for you in the future. Whenever you're sad, or lonely or maybe even if you're bored, you can read this as a reminder to yourself that while Life can suck, it can also be a whole lot worse at times.

So keep smiling, okay?