Chapter 89 :: As A Token Of Hope

My dearest Aya,

Good luck, my darling! I was so heart-broken upon hearing the news, but I know that this will do you some good. You deserve a chance to go out there and explore the world, training yourself in both mind and body, and there's only so much medical ninjutsu I can teach you before you grow bored of it. I'll miss you, just as I've missed you all those years when we've been separated, but I know that you're strong. You're growing up, and I'm glad to simply just be there, watching your progress.

You are the human version of hope, to me at least. When people imagine Hope as a person, they think of them as this glistening, ethereal sort of creature. But when I think of it, I always picture Hope as this little girl with bruises all over her skin, fresh wounds and tears staining her cheeks, and even as she spits out a bloody tooth and goes in for another round, she's headfast and strong, just like you. As I was the hope to you, so you are the hope to me.

Be careful on your journeys. As you grow older you'll become more aware, and sometimes this can be overwhelming for most teenagers at a certain age. Remember that if you're ever feeling lost on that path of life, come to me, and I'll always guide you home. Remember your training, and don't forget what I've told you about the Hyakugou seal! I just know that you'll be able to perfect it, but just in case, I'm sneaking in a couple of scrolls for you to study in your freetime.

Chongyun is a good man, stick with him if you're ever unsafe.

Good luck, my little munchkin, and safe travels!

Love always,

Tsunade Senju.