Chapter 27 :: Not So Different After All.

Edited: 11/06/2022

Edited: 11/06/2022

"Oh?" Mayuki cocked an eyebrow, her hand resting casually on the hilt of her blade. "You'll take me down, will you? Don't make me laugh, you're obviously injured, and if you don't take care of that wound of yours you'll bleed to death." She turned away. "Just admit defeat, will you? It'll be easier on the both of us."

'She's a lot like him.'

"Aw, you scared?" The girl rolled her eyes at the comment. "I ain't giving up that easily, pretty girl!"

'But so, unfortunately, stupid.'

"Fine." She unsheathed her sword, narrowing her eyes at her opponent. Despite her bold words, she could see the fatigue on the girl's expression, and her movements swayed with each step she tried to take. Only one final hit and she would be the winner. It seemed pointless to fight at full capacity with the injured girl, but Mayuki always honored her opponents, no matter who or what they would be. "Don't blame me when you lose a second time."

Tsubaki merely scoffed. Moving her injured arm caused her much pain, and yet she still managed to raise it to form the hand seals for her next move. She smirked at her nonchalant expression and placed her hands against the ground, her maroon-colored eyes glimmering mischievously.

Nothing.

"Is this a joke?" Toma scoffed loudly. "I came here expecting a kick-ass battle, not child's play."

Mayuki frowned. She took a step backward, her eyes now focusing on the ground before her. Her opponent was still grinning with childish glee, as if it was all but a game of chicken in her eyes. Before she had a chance to question her, a glint of steel appeared from the back. The bluenette managed to jump out of the way just in time as more chains emerged from the ground, the light catching in the silver as they followed her, twisting and turning in an attempt to grab her.

She landed behind the Kamada, nearly tripping over her feet in the process.

"Steel Release: Binding Chain Technique," Tsubaki mused at her from the corner of her eye. "Pretty flashy, am I right?"