Chapter 71 :: Fast Approaching!

She knew she should've said something right away, maybe report the issue to the Hokage or some other official, yet she didn't

She knew she should've said something right away, maybe report the issue to the Hokage or some other official, yet she didn't. Instead, she stayed beside an unconscious Sakura until the sun crossed the horizon, and two jounin officials―Izumo and Kotetsu, was it?―stumbled on them with a mountain of paperwork in their hands. Because she was silent and gave no reaction, the two had assumed both girls were asleep, and woke them up with a loud shout.

Sakura started, worry clouding her eyes. Aya only watched the tears that pricked the corners of her eyes, a sigh escaping her lips as she filed the report to the jounin who promised to relay the word to the Fifth Hokage.

Now they sit and wait, the pinkett's head in her hands as she cries to herself, and Aya's presence still waiting to be noticed.

I feel so horrible now, she thought despairingly. How could I have let Sasuke leavethis is his home just as mine's, and now Sakura is so upset

Ah, but I thought you'd be happier if he was gone? No more endless worries, no more having to fight for Sakura's attention, no more having to listen to fangirls ramble on and on about their precious Sasuke!! You've hated him since your academy days, right? Well, now he's gone, gone forever!

Yes but, despite all that he was still a good person. Not a perfect one, but he was alright nonetheless. And I should've stopped him!

Hm, but what about all that fuss you were making last night? About not being able to stop him because it is in his right?? You just want him to come back once his goal is through, right?

Well...yes...but...

Ah, ah, ah~! No buts now, little charmer. You had your chance, and you lost it. Sasuke's gone, gone forever!

"You saw him too, didn't you?" Sakura's voice snapped her back to reality. She jumped, her heart accelerating at the almost accusing look in her green eyes, her cheeks stained with her tears and her lips quivering as if she would cry at any second. "You were here last night. I didn't see you, but you're not very good at hiding your chakra sometimes." She laughed bitterly. "Well? Did you try to convince him just as I did only to be knocked out?"