Chapter 8 :: Akio, Oh Akio. Do Us A Favor And Shut Up!

Edited: 10/06/2022

Edited: 10/06/2022

"You, explain," Isamu launched himself at the girl, pinching and pulling at her cheeks. "What the fuck was that and why did it take you halfway through the fight for you to even become useful?!"

"Ow," Aya whined, slapping at his hands. "Cut it out―Yachi, help me!!"

The older female in question rolled her eyes, her hands occupied with her weasel perched on her lap. Its white fur coat was stained with blood, but she was thankful it wasn't his own. Still, Nori looked worn out as his head lay limply against her fingers, and she frowned. She gave him one last check up to make sure her summoning was in good condition before she sent him off, sighing when he disappeared in a puff of smoke. Her eyes redirected towards her teammates who were still continuing their childish antics, and she sighed for the second time.

"Stop it, Isamu," she ordered wearily. "There's no point in demanding answers."

"I should," he muttered, flicking the girl's forehead before he pulled himself away, slumping on the forest floor.

Their opponents had disappeared. As they'd expected, they were sent by their target, and there had been a lot more in hiding than they'd assumed. Thankfully, their genin's little stunt had caught them all off-guard, and they'd finally managed to beat them off. The owl guy (otherwise known as Isamu #2) had given them all the information they needed before Yachi knocked him out―along with a couple of teeth―and ditched his body somewhere along the forest.

After that little incident, it was decided that they should probably move, not wanting the civilians that lived in Dihua Marsh to get in harm's way. Plus, they couldn't risk a banishment from one of the only known cities that was willing to continue trade negotiations with the Leaf.

Currently, the team lay panting on the ground, just a few miles from the tavern they were once staying in. The jounin had promised she'd treat them all to a special meal just as soon as they found Junichiro, but until then they would rest.