Chapter 90 :: As A Token Of Kindness

Dear Aya,

It's been so long. Just yesterday you were this feisty little girl, ready to challenge anyone to a battle of fisticuffs. Do you remember? Our first meeting was of us encountering each other after you stole a little something from a flower shop on the streets.

'Miss Flower Thief' I called you. I taught you after that that stealing was wrong, and you've at least tried to respect my words if not follow it.

So, Miss Flower Thief, I hear that you're going off on an adventure full of training! I'm upset a little, now that my not-so-favorite student is leaving, and it's hard for me to come to terms with myself that you're growing up. You're becoming more and more of a respectful and beautiful shinobi by the way, and I'm so proud of you.

When you come back, remember to pay me a visit, Miss Flower Thief. I may be growing older as much as you are, but I'm still your sensei you know. I wanna sit at that boba shop you like to visit and listen to you talk about everything and anything that crosses your mind with your eyes shining like pure-silver.

I'm gonna miss you, kid. Three years feels like such a long time.

Iruka Umino, forever and always.