Chapter 55 :: Qiqi

Aya has no idea on how to respond.

One minute, she's walking through the streets, only thinking of catching up with her temporary teammates that her clone had disappeared on in a really bad time. The next, she's being summoned to what she assumed to be headquarters, and forced to sit and wait while Yachi leaves to look for something, or the other.

And now, there's a child sitting before her; a blank-faced kid with light purple hair reaching her shoulders at the sides with a long plait in the back, pale skin, and magenta colored eyes. Someone, to which she assumes is Yachi because there's no way anyone in this village has a good enough fashion sense, dressed the curious child in a purple frock and a deep purple beret with a red-purple (magenta) tassel on top, and a pair of simple earrings (one black and the other white), along with black heels and white stockings that are wrapped in mummy-like bandages. She also notes that there are several fulu talismans stuck over her body.

She's weird. For the past 10 minutes she hasn't spoken a word, only silently staring and waiting for something.

"Ah, so this is the squirt on Isamu's team eh?" Someone said amidst the silence and a heavy hand pressed against the top of her head. Aya winced, glancing through the arm to see a busty brunette (whoa, those are way more bouncy than that lady from the exams) grinning down at her. "Nice to meetcha kid. I'm Homare."

"Uh...hi," was the only thing she could think of. "Um, why am I here, exactly?"

"You're not in trouble kid." Another voice echoed through the room, and Aya almost wondered if these people were appearing out of thin air on purpose just to spite her. Perhaps the old hags put them up to this.

The owner of the voice squatted before her, and she'd almost taken back the rude comment in her mind. He was pretty, with short pink hair, green fading into the tips, and he was smiling so charmily towards her that her stomach felt butterflies on the inside. Wow, he's prettier than Katsuya.

"I'm Junichi. You're that Inoue kid Isamu was talking about, right?"

She nodded.

"Wonderful. I apologize for my sensei's little outburst―" Homare scoffed. "―and for your coming here with such short notice. Er...do you...know why you're here, exactly?"