Chapter 73 :: Conflict: A Snake Strikes

"What do you know about my parents?"

The first person she questioned was Tsunade herself―some days after she started teaching her the 'special' jutsu that required delicate chakra control.

The 'Sasuke Retrieval Squad' returned home after a day; badly bruised and injured to the point of death, and she found herself crying horribly when she saw Naruto's bleeding and unconscious form, and the other boys who had nearly been killed, all for the sake of one boy eager for revenge. She sobbed quietly and to herself, and she never left the blond's side until she was forced to do so by the old pervy sage mumbling half-hearted words of reassurance. She left the hospital with a tear stained, yet blank expression.

A few days ago―Aya lost track at this point―she showed up at the Hokage's office with a determined expression. So determined was she that she barely even knocked when entering the room, ignoring the elders that gave her dirty glares and the questioning expression on the blonde's face at her figure.

She put the question as bluntly as she possibly could. There was no use beating around the bush and quite frankly, she couldn't find the time nor issue to care about anyone's feelings at the moment.

Tsunade's brows furrowed into a frown. She leaned back against her chair, the pen in her hand falling and rolling to the side before it was blocked by one of the many stacks of paper lying around on her table. The comment earned her a few whispers from the 'honored' elders that were present, with a glare from Danzo himself.

"Pardon?"

"My parents. You must've known something, right?" She spared a glance at the elders. "Before Gramps―the Third Hokage died, Orochimaru mentioned something about him hiding something important from me. The Third said that he'd tell me once he was through with...you know, but then he died, and I have yet to learn the truth." She crossed her arms. "So, tell me: what has the village been hiding from me all my life? What's up with this 'cursed' mark that everyone and their mom except for me knows about? And also, why did you choose the name 'Inoue' for me? Was that a coincidence or something else, and why didn't you tell me there was a freaking clan of them!?"

The Fifth Hokage instantly held up a hand to stop her multitude of questions, one tumbling behind the other in a flurry of anger and annoyance. A sigh escaped her lips as she rested her face in her hands, eying the girl oddly for a minute. She looked thoughtful, and for a minute Aya thought she would have to throw a hissy fit to get an answer―except, wait, she sighed again, her amber eyes glancing at the table in front of her before gazing at her with an unreadable expression.