Chapter 40 :: Uh Oh, This Isn't Good: Hospital Besieged! No-Brows Gaara!

Metal clashed against metal, sounding through the barren training field

Metal clashed against metal, sounding through the barren training field. The smaller figure fell back, a new bruise appearing on her stomach from the impact of her teammate's foot making harsh contact.

Yachi's eyes narrowed in on the girl, a small vein popping on her forehead. She spun her kunai around her finger, catching it mid-spin and through gritted teeth, speaking, "I thought I told you, lessen up on the taijutsu and focus more on your ninjutsu?! At this rate you're as good as minced meat to that Tsuyuri girl!" She scowled when Aya let out an annoyed groan, straightening her posture just slightly as she examined her bruised stomach.

"You know, Kakashi-sensei's way better in this teaching stuff than you are," the Inoue responded blankly. She winced lightly when the tip of her fingers brushed against the purple mark, sending a prickling pain coursing across her body. She sighed, eying the place where her dirt-stained jacket had fallen and crossed her arms. "I said I was sorry, jeez. I can't help not using my fists you know."

A sigh escaped the 17 year old's lips, yet her expression reads differently as she begins to gather chakra into her hands. Flames blasted from her hands, causing the genin to dive for the side in an attempt to save herself from getting burnt alive. A singular speck of fire had caught on her hair however, and Aya's eyes twitched in annoyance as she squished the flame.

"Are you mad?"

"Probably," Yachi responded nonchalantly. Her arm swept forward, a large fire-ball flying in the girl's direction. With a single swift jab, the fire-ball dispersed through Aya's hands, leaving a small hum of acknowledgement escaping the jounin. "Wanna know something? Adaptability has always been the way humans have learned to survive for so long. Sure, it doesn't occur naturally to some, but how else do you expect to do anything if you're not willing to adapt and change, you know?" She grinned and disappeared.

Aya gaped. With her kunai gripped in her hands, her gray eyes quickly scanned the area before her. She turned, her weapon clashing with Yachi's and a small pout adorning her features when a blue spark emitted from her fingers. The older girl's eyes widened as the lightning traveled along her kunai, enshrouding it completely in blue chakra and fell back. Her kunai dropped to the floor and she gritted her teeth against the shock now coursing through her hand. The genin only grinned, her lightning covered kunai sparking in her hands.