Chapter 5 :: Teamwork Is Dreamwork! Except When There's Cats Involved.

08/06/2022

08/06/2022

Aya never believed that the day would come where she would regret every single prank she had played against her sensei and everyone else in the village.

Until today.

Her new teammates were not only intimidating, but also extremely mean and carefree. The minute they'd left the Hokage's office, the older of the two had ordered for her to meet up with them in one of the many training grounds in the Leaf before disappearing in a puff of smoke. They even issued a challenge with her: a race if you will, and while she wasn't one to simply give up so easily, it was pointless to try and catch up with shinobis who were clearly more skilled than her.

She was proved right of course, because the universe hates her, and as soon as she arrived in the training grounds panting from all her running, her teammates were already there, one perched on one of the targets while the other sat cross legged on the ground.

"The squirt's here," the boy commented, tilting his head in her direction. A smirk danced on his lips while twirling his shuriken between his fingers. She noted that she'd never seen him look directly at her, unlike the older girl. Weird. "Took ya long enough. What, think you're not good enough to work with a bunch of seniors?"

"Isamu," the girl scolded despite the laughter bubbling in her throat. "Be nice. You don't want the little princess to fret now, do you?"

So this was what it felt like to be on the receiving end of teasing. She made a mental note to apologize profusely to Iruka sensei and every other academy teacher she had annoyed to this day.

"I'm not a princess!" she huffed, stomping her feet in annoyance. "You guys are awful! You know, if you're gonna be a bunch of annoying.....ugh...." She fumed, struggling to find the right words to insult them.

"Shitheads?" Isamu questions.

"Dickheads?" Yachi quotes.

For some plausible reason, they looked extremely amused at her flabbergasted expression, the strawberry blond bursting out into laughter and falling over onto her back at her surprise.