Chapter 18 :: Pledge Of Protection: A Camellia's Perfect Love.

Edited: 11/06/2022

Tsubaki Kamada generally disliked a lot of things, specifically her grandmother and her family, but yet a lot of the people around her seemed to think otherwise. She supposed it had to do with the fact that she was almost always smiling, however shitty her situation might be. Of course it would also have to deal with her looks, but since her clan were different kinds of folks, she could care less about what the common folk would think.

She did wish her bodyguard Haruki could think the same, but as it stands, two people could not share the same personality, much less the same views.

At least Sumire was different. As an Akimichi, she was rather chubby in some sense, but she was overall just as sweet as the food she consumed, and she was kind and thoughtful and a bit off an airhead. Hard to believe that she, a sweet, kind loveable little blonde, was paired with someone like them. Infamous members of the Kamada clan.

Then again, the Akimichi was possibly the definition of 'built' different. Physically, mentally and even emotionally, the girl was quite an enigma in Kamada terms. She made sure to prove her worth despite her overall lazy nature, even going so far as to plan out their line of attack when going up against an opposing team in hopes of finding themselves a Heaven scroll.

A real sweetheart, that girl.

Then again, She twirled a leaf in her hand. Their team had separated in order to search more grounds in hopes of finding the scroll. I suppose us Kamadas aren't really used to nice treatment from the others. Can't help what with our dark history.

Aya didn't know how many hours had passed when she finally regained consciousness. The last thing she could discreetly remember was Sakura calling her name, and someone throwing her over their shoulder to place her down.

The pain flooded her body once more as her eyes opened. Everything looked blurry, and she could barely make out a head of pink not too far.

"You shouldn't move," she heard Sakura scold, fatigue evident in her tone. "Hold still, if you move, you'll hurt yourself―"