Chapter 32 :: The Hard-Headed Kuniochi, Aya Inoue!

Edited: 11/06/2022

Edited: 11/06/2022

"I'm gonna live to see Naruto Uzumaki become the Hokage!!"

They stared. Even Naruto, who was cheering the girl on, looked taken back by her words.

Chiaki gritted her teeth in annoyance. Just who was this ignorant little goody two-shoes to make such bold claims? She was already on a losing streak and her words would do nothing in the battle. They wouldn't help her win this match: only her wits and her strength, and clearly she had neither of those.

It shouldn't be long now. Sasuke had avoided using chakra completely, but Aya had completely ignored any warnings from her friends and did just that. The cursed mark must already be activated and spreading along her body, ready to take control. She could see the vine-like appendages that spread from the four-tomoe mark on her hip, twisting it's way around her body and disappearing beneath her shirt before peeking out again on her left shoulder.

Despite her brave facade, the mark was taking its toll. Sleep was heavy on her eyes, and she struggled to keep herself awake and pushed forward. If she thought she was becoming too tired and might pass out, then she applied pressure to the wound on her foot which would send jolts of pain through her body and snap her awake.

This had to be the only time Aya would ever remember that she was thankful that her opponent had inflicted such wounds on her or she would've never been able to keep her head straight.

Because of her broken arm, she could no longer use any jutsu. Not that she would do it anyway, she was already regretting disobeying Sakura's orders. For now, all she could do was tighten her grip on her weapon, ignore the pain coursing through her body and move forward.

Chiaki still had an advantage. While she couldn't move any closer, her needles and strings were still a problem, especially since she had no issue sending another set of the poison-laced needles flying in her direction. There was no way she would be able to avoid them in time―especially not with that big hole in her foot.

The only thing that she could do was grit her teeth against the pain and allow the needles to hit her. The used her good arm to block the points from her face, the pins sticking into her arm while she limped forward.