Chapter 11 :: New Powerful Rivals? That Can't Be Good.

Edited: 10/06/2022

Edited: 10/06/2022

Aya disliked the D-ranked missions.

Of course, she'd prefer these babysitting missions than actual combat. Though it had been at least four weeks, the memories of that incident still haunted her sleep at night, and at times she'd find herself getting no sleep whatsoever. She was becoming an insomniac.

She sighed and watched as the small cat she'd found that day was returning home with its owner: a kind old lady with memory problems. It was troublesome finding the cat amongst the many alleyways and streets in Konoha, and not to mention she got scratched a good amount of times by the feral little beast, but in the end it was worth it for the sweets the old woman left for her. She turned to head home once more when she ran into a pair of legs and stumbled back on her feet.

"Ow! What the hell?" she cursed, head snapping to glare at the figure. "What is your deal, Mister?!"

The familiar silver-hair and mask from Scarecrow sensei appeared in her line of vision, and the man gave her a closed-eyed smile as he helped her to her feet, giving her a slight (half assed was more like it) apology. His head tilted slightly while he stared at the girl, his hands tucked away into his pockets.

He was a weirdo.

"You're from Yachi's team, aren't ya?" he questioned, beginning to follow the girl on her walk back home.

The genin sniffed. "And what if I am?"

"Aw, don't be like that. We've met before, haven't we? If I remember right, your team accompanied my team halfway through to the Land of Waves a couple weeks back." He placed a finger on his chin thoughtfully. "You're...Naruto Uzumaki's friend, right?"

"Best friend," she emphasized and stopped in her tracks. "What do you want, Scarecrow sensei? No offense, but I'm pretty sure Yaachan hates you." She crossed her arms. "And as a member of her team, I'm obliged to hate you too."

"That's not how it works, Aya."

"Whatever."

The small child rolled her eyes, and Kakashi was almost certain that his younger colleague was rubbing off on the poor child. He sighed, running his hands through his spiky hair.