Chapter 28 :: The Cannibalistic Maiden, Akaginu

Edited: 11/06/2022

Edited: 11/06/2022

Hushed murmurs scattered amongst the experienced shinobi in the hall, which brought a smug smile dancing against Akaginu's red lips. That only caused Yuno to eye her wearily, and Hayate glanced at his younger brother cautiously.

The brothers made eye contact, and the younger Gekko gave him a reassuring smile and a nod, encouraging him to continue with the match.

Hayate raised his hand and quickly lowered it, and so the twelfth match began.

Right away Yuno made sure to put as much distance between the older opponent and himself as possible. She only watched with amusement in her eyes as he retrieved his weapon, eying the girl with a bitter expression.

Akaginu however, made no sudden movements. A small smirk was dancing on her lips with her head cocked to the side, watching and waiting for the boy's next moves.

'What a creep,' Yuno thought, blanching when she moved to remove the top half of her kimono. 'Gross, don't you have any sense of shame?!'

"I think I'm completely lost," Isamu remarked, leaning against the iron railings in boredom. "So...this Ame shinobi is a cannibal known throughout the shinobi world and likes feeding on men?" Yachi nodded before realizing her mistake and gave a noise of confirmation. "And no one can do shit against her because she has the Land of Lightning Shogun's pardon?" Another noise. "Okay, so then can't we just kill her? Technically it's in self defense so...."

"I mean, we could," the Shiba admitted, frowning as the last piece of the girl's upper half kimono fell to her feet. "But the thing is, no one's seen Akaginu since an incident a few years ago. After that, she kinda just disappeared off the face of the earth." She cocked a brow. "I'm surprised she's still alive."

Now it was Isamu's turn to raise his eyebrows, his head tilted towards the sound of metal clashing against metal in the arena.

"Meaning what, exactly?" he queried.