Chapter 25 :: Fight Fire With Fire! Ronin vs Shizake!

Edited: 11/06/2022

Edited: 11/06/2022

Shino's fight was quickly over as it had begun, but unfortunately it didn't do much for his image. If anything, it only made his fellow Leaf more creeped out by his person, especially after they learnt about his little trick about the bugs that dwelled in his body.

Even Aya, who had suddenly found a newfound interest in the bug boy, was disgusted by the idea of actual insects living inside of a person's body. That being said though, she still continued to cheer him on and even began talking about him as if he was an idol.

It was a disturbing habit, but nonetheless as Kankuro from the Sand went up against a 'Misumi Tsurugi' from the Leaf, it was still comforting to know that at least one person admired the Aburame's little (albeit disgusting) technique.

The third match rolled in. Kankuro proved to be an excellent puppetmaster, or at least something of that sort as he tricks Misumi with his puppet before taking them down.

The fourth match lasted much longer: although Shizake didn't wish to choose sides, he certainly was rooting for Sakura. Aya on the other hand was stuck between rooting for her temporary teammate or for Ino, and so for the next couple of minutes she was watching with a blank expression and steam emitting from her head.

"Come on Aya," Naruto whined from beside her, grabbing her arm and shaking her back and forth dramatically. "Cheer for Sakura, she needs you!!"

"I can't," Aya whined back. "Ino there's too! Who am I supposed to choose....?! Besides," She pinched the boy's arms and returned her focus on the match. "They're both evenly matched if you ask me."

"Huh? Evenly matched?" The blond rolled his eyes. "Don't be stupid, Sakura's way st―" He stopped when his friend glared at him in annoyance, causing him to retreat with a nervous smile. "But of course, y-you would know more, ehe."

The Inoue scoffed, giving him a half stare before returning her attention to the match at hand. "Look, I know I'm an idiot, but compared to you I'm on the scale of Sakura."