Chapter 26 :: The Flashy Camellia Vs The Quiet Huntress: Tsubaki's Guilt!

Edited: 11/06/2022

Edited: 11/06/2022

The sixth match, in Aya's opinion, was too one-sided. Temari won by a landslide, and it was all thanks to her stupid wind-fan. Of course, she was also extremely glad that the girl had one, but she said nothing in fear of only triggering Rock Lee and the rest of TenTen's teammates.

The seventh match was disappointing: she was hoping that Shikamaru would lose so that she'd have something to gloat in his face, but there was nothing to be done about it. When Shizake returned, she greeted him with her usual attitude which earned her a slap from Sakura.

The eighth match had her undivided attention. She swore that when the time comes she would teach Kiba a lesson for talking to Naruto that way. In the meantime, she was cheering Naruto on, and no doubt she would've entered the arena herself had Kakashi not held her back so that she'd never intervened. Although Naruto won in a disgusting manner (she wouldn't trade places with Kiba in any day), he still won nonetheless, and she nearly threw him off his feet when she launched herself at his figure to congratulate him on winging.

In the end, of course the two idiots ended up falling off the stairs, earning a nasty remark from Kiba as he was following them from behind.

The ninth match was about to commence, and Aya smiled lightly at the familiar name appearing on the screen:

Tsubaki Kamada

Vs

Mayuki

"Good luck, Tsubaki!" she called out to the white-haired girl, her arms still wrapped around Naruto's neck. "Kick those Sound shinobi butt, 'kay?" When the girl winked in her direction, Aya immediately reclaimed her words, "On second thought, I hope that Mayuki guy kicks your ass."

"How cruel." Tsubaki sighed, jumping off the railings and landing neatly on her feet in the arena. "But as expected from you, my cute little Inoue."

"Pft, she's totally got a crush on you," Naruto teased as she helped him to his feet. "It's adorable really, but at the same time, so totally weird. You're both girls, ya know?"