Chapter 61 :: Reunion

Qiqi's hands rested against the flat of the girl's back, humming quietly to herself

Qiqi's hands rested against the flat of the girl's back, humming quietly to herself. The pretty boy with two-toned hair had been giving her some tips and showing her a couple of cool tricks, one of which was applying chakra into her hands and applying it in order to heal another person. Of course, it may not always be the best, but it was still something, and so she set to work to help her good friend.

"Waah~Qiqi, your hands are so cold," Aya mumbled, her head resting against Naruto's shoulder. Because of how short her netted shirt was, she didn't have to worry about removing the top for the girl to heal her injury. She hummed, the cold soothing the searing pain on her waist, much different to Itama's healing which was more on the warm side. "This is so nice~!"

"I guess, but must you make those noises," Kawarama made a face as he finished bandaging Naruto's leg. "It's weird."

Three weeks had passed since the friends had mastered the second stage. It took a while for Naruto to recover, and it was currently taking a much longer time for his friend to even heal. It bothered her how completely tired and exhausted she was feeling, but Itama pointed out that since Naruto held two chakras―albeit differing―within himself, it was easier for him to heal without doing much damage to her body.

"But I have the...magic, healing thingie," she whined. "It worked so many times before, after that snake messed with me during the chunin exams!!"

"The four-patterned tomoe," Itama murmured, eying the mark on her hips. It was usually hidden by her red jacket, but since she had ditched the cloth in order to relax, it was now clear as day. "I think it has something to do with your mark, but to be honest I'm not very sure. For starters, it works well against poisons...er...sort of, and you claim it has regenerative abilities, which we've seen for ourselves. Maybe it's because you overused your chakra to the point of exhaustion that your body finds itself hard to heal, since the mark itself seems to work from using your chakra. Your tiredness is due to the fact that the mark must've taken up a great amount to fix most of your back, except for that strained muscle in your waist."

"Hmm, you're smart," Naruto piped in. "I think you're worthy enough of marrying my best friend, but you still need my blessings. Plus you gotta do more than that, just so you know."