Chapter 64 :: Crossfire

"I want to teach you medical ninjutsu

"I want to teach you medical ninjutsu."

It was a sudden preposition, so much so that when Tsunade first uttered the words from her lips, the younger girl had dropped the laundry basket filled with their dirty clothes onto the floor, eying the woman worriedly.

"Are you feeling alright?" She asked slowly. "Have you hit your head or something? Shall I call Shizune to check you in for the night?"

Tsunade rolled her eyes at her caring words dripping with sarcasm and mocking fervor. She'd known the girl for far too long that it was rather easy to read her, a feat not many could accomplish. She crossed her arms against her bosom, leaning casually against the open door frame.

"I have not," she answered shortly. "But I'm serious. I want to teach you, and perhaps that little friend of yours, medical ninjutsu."

Aya grimaced. "Why?"

"Why not?"

She groaned as bent over to retrieve the clothes. She had yet to meet her friends, however, she knew from Itama's visits that Qiqi and the others are doing well, save for Naruto who was serious on winning the bet Lady Tsunade had challenged him to. The jiangshi in question seemed to have taken a special interest in the technique known as medical ninjutsu, and what little she knew was taught to her by Itama.

"I thought you said you'd given up the shinobi life," she questioned.

"When have I ever said that?"

"Well you sure as hell act like it. And what brought this up all of a sudden?"

Tsunade stayed silent, watching her busy herself around the room. She'd kept the place spick and span, and then once that was through she'd start her 'rasengan' training despite the woman's protests. When she finally spoke, she let out a sigh and fiddled with one of her pigtails, "I like you, and I want you to carry on my legacy."

She made a face, her hands placed on her hips as she eyed the woman. "Uh huh. So what's the real reason, Tsunade?"

"You know, not even Shizune calls me that, and I like her more," she retorted. "Do you have such little faith in me, your dear old guardian?"