Chapter 58 :: New Traveling Companions!

"Alright then!" Jiraiya taps on Naruto's shoulders. "We'll leave Sasuke in your hands."

All throughout their conversation, Aya had ended up tuning them out until the last minute, her eyes still focused on Sasuke's unconscious figure.

Now that they were outside the tavern, ready to bid Guy farewell, she finally snapped back to reality and looked at Naruto questionably. She cocks an eyebrow and crosses her arms over her chest, her feet tapping impatiently while waiting for an answer from the blond. When he finally looks away from the bushy-brow sensei and takes notice of her expression, he laughs sheepishly and rubs the back of his head.

"Are you upset?"

"Uh-huh."

"Is it because I nearly put myself in danger or...leaving without telling you until just now?"

"Take a wild guess."

"...is...is it putting myself in danger?"

"Nuh-uh."

He sighed. "I'm sorry. I didn't...well, I didn't forget, exactly, but...you were alone...and so..I was just...I didn't want to bother you, that's all." The blond's head fell to his chest. "I was gonna leave you a message, with the old man at Ichiraku's, but then...things ended up becoming crazy. Can you forgive me?" He pouts, his sky blue eyes glistening with fake tears and Aya already knows she's lost against that face of his, but she still tries to maintain her facade.

Eventually she lets out a sigh and allows her hands to drop, sticking them into her back-pockets. "Fine, but only because your excuse seems plausible enough." She stops his cheering mid-way and continues. "But don't think you're off the hook, Naruto. I appreciate your concern but out of everyone, I expected you to know me better than you know yourself. You should've at least tried to come and see me in person, or better yet write a note and slip in or something. What if I hadn't decided to follow Sasuke, hm? What would've happened then?"

Now it was her turn to pout, and with a whine the blond leans over to wrap his arms around the girl's shoulders, his head resting against her arm. He rubs his head against her, mimicking a cat, and she wants to laugh at the ridiculous face he was making.