Chapter 14 :: The Forest Of What?! Stage 2 Of The Chunin Exam!

Edited: 11/06/2022

Edited: 11/06/2022

A large forested area with tall trees looming in the air, nothing but darkness and the sounds of animals skittering through the underbrush and the screams of innocent creatures being devoured. The perfect place to send in a bunch of rookies with no fighting experience.

Aya stared at the fenced area with a frown: there was a notice on the side that read "Restricted Area", and she wondered why the exams proctors would've brought them to a seemingly forbidden area. The place gave off such creepy vibes. Was this really the place they were going to take the second stage of the exams?

"This place completely freaks me out," Sakura muttered under her breath, and she agreed with the girl wholeheartedly.

The exam's conductor, a woman named Anko Mitsurashi, smirked at her statement. "As it should. This place is called The Forest of Death, and soon enough you're gonna find out why."

"The Forest of what?!" Aya exclaimed. "I'm sorry, I think I might've misheard you."

Her statement however was interrupted by Naruto shaking his butt, puckering his lips out while making flapping motions with his hands. She deadpanned at the boy's antics as he seemed to mock Anko, who didn't look too happy by the annoyance replacing her cocky expression. She watched when the woman threw a kunai and grazed the boy's cheek before proceeding to lick the blood in the creepiest fashion possible, and she thought back to Ibiki.

Why wasn't he the proctor for the second exam? He was better than this bouncy chest woman in every aspect. She may be a little bit cuter, but she had a horrible personality.

"Before we continue with this test, I've got a few things for you to fill out." She retrieved a stack of papers from the inside of her coat. "It's just a standard consent form. Before the test, all of you are going to have to read over this form and then sign it."

"Why?" Nitatchi questioned.

"Some of you may not come back from this test," Anko mused. "And I have to get your consent at that risk. Otherwise it'll be my responsibility, hehe." She chuckled to herself before continuing. "Now, I'll be explaining what you'll be doing in these tests. The first thing you need to know is that this test will attack every one of your survival skills."