Chapter 12 :: A Genin Face-Off! Ready, Steady, Go!

Edited: 10/06/2022

Edited: 10/06/2022

"Are you feeling better?" Sakura asked, gently cupping the girl's reddening cheeks and giving them light massages. "You know, you were kinda asking for it being all rude and all." She made a sniffle, knowing that despite their differences there was no way the pinkette could ever ignore her fake tears. The older girl sighed, giving her a final once-over before giving her a head pat just as they arrived in an empty hallway.

Surprisingly, Aya hadn't said anything since her meeting with Shizake, and while it was a relief to the Uchiha on the team, it was still a bit unnerving to see the usually talkative Inoue staying silent.

Then again, as Sakura had stated, she was practically asking for it.

She sighed, hands rubbing at her own reddening cheeks. Flashes of the other boy ran through her mind and she swore she'd seek vengeance against him for 'humiliating' her like that. He shall pay dearly for his injustice!

"Hey you, with the attitude!" A voice called out from the banister. The group blinked, heads turning to see the same bushy-browed boy from earlier on. His focus seemed to be more on Sasuke, but Aya definitely didn't miss the pink staining his cheeks when he looked at Sakura. How lame. "Hold on!" He looked pretty determined too by his expression. Was he gonna challenge Sasuke to a duel?

"Who's the bushy brows?" she whispered, noticing the pinkett's annoyed expression.

Sakura huffed and crossed her arms. "Just some weirdo. He says his name is Rock Lee."

"Why is he called Rock Lee? Does he skip along lakes or something?"

"I―" She frowned. "I don't know, alright? He's just a weirdo and why is he challenging Sasuke to a fight?!"

The other girl simply shrugged in response. She didn't understand any of this either, but if it meant it'd be entertaining, then she was more than willing to watch. It'd be nice to see Sasuke get beaten every once in a while (not that she would ever admit it for fear of angering Sakura).