Chapter 66 :: Kiss And Make Up!

The pride that once swelled her chest immediately faded once the blond passed out, falling flat against the grassy floor

The pride that once swelled her chest immediately faded once the blond passed out, falling flat against the grassy floor. She made haste, ignoring the pain in her legs and the weariness on her mind as she moved to her friend's side, her eyes wide at his trembling form.

In her peripheral view, there was a boy, standing and watching, but she paid him no mind. Her attention was focused on her best friend, on the boy that she cared for more than her own life.

"T-Tsunade―?" She asked, her voice hesitant.

The woman gave no response, instead proceeding to open the boy's jacket and tear his shirt open in order to administer her healing chakra. Fear and panic grew within her as she watched with observing eyes, more tears threatening to fall at the unconscious boy's figure. She shifted, moving so that his head was resting on her lap and she swallowed back her words, praying and hoping the boy would be alright.

"Qiqi!" She spoke without looking away from the blond. "Check on Shizune, and Itama and Kawarama. Heal them if you can, that's an order!" The jiangshi looked up from her spot and nodded, running off to where the fallen three lied.

Kabuto laughed, mocking the woman as she worked. She gritted her teeth at his words, staring helplessly into her friend's closed eyes.

Don't die...Naruto, you can't die, this isn't fair! You're my best friend, and if anything we should be dying together, you stupid fool!! I hate you, I hate you, you're always making me cry from worry!!

She ignored the world, tuning out when Tsunade snapped at the teasing man, or Kawarama regaining consciousness with a shout. Her eyes glazed over and she wanted to cry, yet she bit back her tears and prayed to any god that existed for her best friend to live.

"Hah...hah...hey...idiot, why're you sad all of a sudden?" She jumped, her eyes wide at the gasping Naruto laying before her with a cheeky smile. "I don't...not gonna die...remember? Don't...don't cry...you're an ugly crier...and you're prettier...when you smile..."

"You dumbass!!" She wailed, her arms wrapping themselves around the boy's neck. "You idiot, you jerk, you fool!! How dare you, how dare you make me cry!! Not even Sasuke has ever done this, you moron!! I hate you, I hate you for forever and a day now!!" She sniffled, her forehead pressed against his own. "I hate you," she mumbled tiredly.