Chapter 16 :: A Counter Attack?!

Edited: 11/06/2022

"I'm gonna kill you," Aya breathed. "What took you so long?!"

"Heh, dramatic entrance," the blond grinned. "You know I'd never leave you to die, Aya. And anyway, what's the password again?" He smirked when Sakura brushed him off, telling him that they were well aware he was the real deal and not an imposter. They were all just too relieved to see him, slimy as he looked.

"Naruto," Sasuke called out. "You should get out of here!" We're about to die, Sasuke. "What are you thinking?! You don't know what you're up against!" Well to be fair neither do we. "Hurry, go now while you still can!"

Today is not my day, she thought in exasperation. First some masked guy, then this snake guy. What's next? A fucking centipede? Actually, God, please don't use this as an idea.

The figure's expression changed to one of amusement despite their rather stretched body's appearance. They must really be flexible if they were able to maintain such a position for so long. Disgusting. "So Naruto, you managed to escape from my friend? Well done."

Yeah. Now go away.

Naruto frowned, looking almost lost in thought. "Alright....well, I don't know what's going on here, but you've been picking on my friends, and I don't like that!" he remarked. "So you better slither on back to your hole snake lady before I make a pair of shoes out of ya!"

It's a she!?

She glanced at the Uchiha standing before her and sighed. She never thought she'd live to see where the Sasuke Uchiha, all cocky and brooding with no other emotion, would actually be so flustered and panic-stricken. It was weird, and she hated it.

Which simply proved her point: this snake person (or lady) was someone with strength that they couldn't comprehend. If the academy's top ninja was terrified at something like that, then heaven knows how someone of her status would be feeling right now. She always knew she was useless but god this was the worst possible timing to not be able to lend a helping hand.