Chapter 60 :: It Just Requires A Little Focus

Despite the bandages wrapped around the lower half of her face, the woman's voice was loud and clear in the dark and albeit empty room. She glanced at her perfectly manicured nails in boredom, sometimes flexing them in the light to notice the pieces of nail polish that had begun to fade. Her heterochromatic eyes occasionally glanced at the blood-splattered floor and then at her 'master', and she almost wanted to roll her eyes as she spoke.

"If I may, my lord, why must you be so stubborn?" She quipped, running her thumb against her fingers. "He was simply trying to do his job, that is all. With all due respect you must learn to control that temper of yours."

His lips curled into a sneer, yellow eyes glaring at her figure leaning casually against the wall. "Is that so? Would you like to care for me then, my darling?" He seethed. "It is your duty, is it not?"

The woman only grimaced, leaving the male to chuckle. Just moments prior, his subordinate Kabuto had delivered the news of the medic they had been tracking, located in a town somewhere or the other. Personally, she couldn't care less, but Orochimaru had sent her off on his own personal quest and she'd done so without fail. A small part of her almost wished she had, but she kept that one silent as she continued to speak.

"Well then, I suppose I should add that the creature you've been searching for will also be at Tanzaku town. Apparently it's been traveling with a brat and the Toad Sage." She hummed. "Will you try to capture her then, my lord?"

"Me? Not in this current state, unfortunately." He half-glanced at her. "You on the other hand, would be just enough to snatch it away for me, hm? I'm sure you're strong enough to take on that Jiraiya if you try. Oh, but then again, you lack the confidence, don't you?"

She only let out a sigh.

"If I may―"

"You may not," Orochimaru cut her off. "I've already given you one single task. You are to capture that jiangshi by whatever means necessary. Whether you choose to fight or not is not my concern. Understood?"

She hesitated, before her head bowed as she turned to leave.

"As you wish, Lord Orochimaru," Naga mumbled under her breath.