Chapter 56 :: Itachi Uchiha

"So...you've been doing a special exercise to keep your joints mobile?" Aya frowned when the smaller girl nodded her head in agreement, one hand intertwined with her cold, tiny hands just to ensure she wouldn't get lost. With all the busy-bodies in the village and the crowds that grew in every path, the Inoue didn't wish for the girl to be lost, not within her charge at least.

While they walked, Aya started up a conversation with the girl: one which was bothering her since Yachi left her in her care. She recalled someone mentioning that the girl could only use hopping movements to walk, and yet here she was now taking small and slow steps with ease. When she asked, Qiqi responded in her quiet voice that she'd been taking up special exercises that prevented her joints from growing stiff.

Conversing with her was still quite bothersome. She had to literally make demands in order for the girl to speak, because according to Katsuya, she only follows the demands of certain people. Who or what they were was unknown, since Aya was the only actual person to get through with the girl, and even then there was not much to speak about. The Inoue ended up rambling about her life, talking about the village and especially her best friend in the whole world.

Aya was still contemplating her current situation. She really wished to find Chongyun, because he seemed to have a great knowledge when it came to spirits and talismans and other stuff related to that topic. How else did he know that Qiqi was a jiangshi, sorta? On the other hand, she wanted to see her best friend, because it had been a while and she feared that perhaps their friendship would be over.

Okay, maybe you're overreacting. Naruto's not gonna ditch you just because you haven't spoken to him in a couple of days. We're standing in front of his house even as we speak.

Ah, but what if he does? You've seen the way he acts around Sakura, he's been head over heels for her since day one!! I'm pretty sure Sakura's been more supportive than you've ever been, hehe.

No way, Naruto cares about me! A-and we're kids, romance isn't important right now.

You say that, but just you wait till we're grown ups. Sakura's gonna whisk him away and you're gonna be all alone forever~!