Chapter 57 :: Huh?

Listening to Jiraiya go on about women being the one to fall for him instead of the other way around had her questioning her life choices up to this point, and wondering what the hell possessed her best friend to trail behind this old pervert. The time to question him would have to wait till later however, as she finally managed to slip out of the boy currently holding her to rush to Sasuke's aid, her hands instinctively grasping the boy's shoulders and holding him gently to examine his injured figure, not before placing Qiqi in Kawarama's care.

"You're...so annoying," the Uchiha seethed, clutching what she assumed to be his sprained (or injured) wrist, trying to shove her away. "Mind your own business, damn it."

She scowled, grabbing the limp arm and earning a wince of pain from the boy. "It's my business now, jackass, whether or not you give a damn. Are you seriously trying to get yourself hurt?!"

"This doesn't concern you!" He snapped and finally managed to shove her off. She stumbled back, gritting her teeth against the pain in an attempt to control her temper, eyes twitching subconsciously while still glaring daggers at the boy in front of her. "Stay out of this, idiot. The only one who's going to eliminate him is me!"

Oh sure, get yourself killed by a guy who's clearly stronger. Aya wanted to roll her eyes. She glanced at the male staring at them, or more specifically at Sasuke, and she frowned at the shadow that hovered beside him, grim and desolate. One thing that caught her attention was the transparent figures that stood behind him, pale and covered in blood.

A woman smiled sadly, bloodstains splattered across the magenta dress she wore, the red liquid leaking from her lips before she faded when the taller male turned to face them.

It's just like that time...with Gaara. I don't understand, who is this woman? She looks...well, she does look similar to Sasuke and this maniac over here. Come to think of it, he does bear an awful resemblance to― She froze.

"So uh, you two must know each other." She cursed her mouth for moving quicker than her brain, wincing when the males spared mere glances at the words escaping her lips. She laughed awkwardly, slowly standing to her feet while trying to back away without looking like a coward. She wasn't doing a good job at it. "S-seeing that you uh...are on a first-name basis."