Chapter 21 :: A Butterfly Observes

Edited: 11/06/2022

Edited: 11/06/2022

Chiaki didn't like any of this. Not one little bit.

And she had reasons too.

First, some brat displays that curse seal like it's no big deal, nearly annihilating her AND humiliating her (or her clone) before her fellow Sound shinobi and that village's ninjas. The worst part of it all was that her teammates merely watched and observed, and oh boy she couldn't wait till she met with her Lord Orochimaru to tell him all about their horrid behavior.

Oh, she was going to have a field day.

They could've left of course. Those measly Konoha rookies were distracted with that brat (Inoue or something), and the other Uchiha was awake with yet another cursed seal. They had the perfect opportunity to retreat for the time being, to gather their wits and to report to their master.

They should have left.

But then Ronin, stinking old Ronin with his stupid handsome face and his coy smile, spoke. Ever since they entered the Chunin exams, he'd taken it upon himself to become not just her team, but the entire Sound ninja group as a whole. He gave the orders, and they listened.

Blast them all.

"Chiaki," he said right after Zaku received a nasty broken arm. She shuddered slightly: despite it being a clone, the pinkett knew exactly how that must feel―whatever her clone suffered, she would unfortunately feel it too―and it was not a very nice feeling. For once in her life, Chiaki Tokugawa felt pity for the boy. "I think you should give them the antidote." His dark yellow eyes glanced at Tsubaki Kamada, who already had a nasty, purple sheen beginning to cover her body: from the left half of her face to her leg that had been paralyzed, before looking at her body-guard perched on the tree, anger very evident in their eyes. His lips twitched lightly into a smirk, and he bared his teeth in a grin at the Kamada.

She frowned. Why should she even listen to this fool in the first place? Those weren't the orders she were given―

"You'll see them soon, Chiaki," Ronin continued nonchalantly. His eyes switched to her, darkening a few shades in warning, before they switched to the Uchihas standing around, and finally at the unconscious girl laying on the forest floor. "Give them the antidote and let's leave. Zaku, Dosu and Kin, you guys will meet us at the tower." He stood, Daki instantly perching on top of his back. The twins smirked eerily, and Chiaki was reminded why she hated them so much. "If you live, of course."