Chapter 38 :: Train Until You...Die?! Kakashi Hatake and Sasuke Uchiha!

 To say Itama Senju was unused to comforting people would be an understatement. Despite his rather sweet, albeit shy, personality, the boy had little to no knowledge at all when it came to human emotions, having grown up in a world where even crying was seen as a sign of weakness. Even his siblings, despite their love and the bond they had, wouldn't have comforted him, this being due to the fact that they more or less thought the same way.

It was weird to say the least, especially with the peculiar girl that lay on top of him with her head buried in his chest, quietly sobbing and clinging onto him for dear life.

He wasn't uncomfortable.

At least, he hoped he wasn't. It felt a little nice to have someone cry on his shoulder, even if it was a bit out of character.

Gentle, he patted the girl's head as her crying ceased, and she was only sniffling while rubbing at her eyes.

He didn't know what else to do, so he waited.

"Sorry," Aya mumbled, her voice hoarse from crying. Her eyes were swollen and she fumbled with her sleeves in an attempt to remove the ache in them. Who knew crying so much could leave you feeling so exhausted? "I'm sorry, that was so sudden―"

He cut her off with a nonchalant wave.

"It's fine, don't worry about it," Itama assured her. He paused, thinking for a moment before asking, "Are you feeling better? I...I read somewhere that letting out unwanted emotions c-can help you feel much better!!" He hesitated before continuing in a meek voice. "If...you wanna talk about it, I-I'm here. A-as a friend, of course!" He added quickly, a familiar heat gathering in his cheeks.

Aya only stared at him. Her dull gray eyes glimmered once more and he immediately assumed he'd offended the girl, but she simply smiled in response and gave the boy a tight squeeze and a kiss on his cheek, the latter catching him off-guard.

'Why are my cheeks so hot all of a sudden?! Gah, this is embarrassing!'

"Thank you," she sighed. "I'd rather not talk about it though..." She looked uncomfortable, so Itama decided not to push her any further. "Um, well, this is awkward now. Please don't tell your brother about this, I'll never be able to live it down." She made a face, and the duo-toned couldn't help but smile. She was back to her usually, snarky self.