Chapter 13 :: Start Your Engines: The Chunin Exams Begin!

Edited: 10/06/2022

Edited: 10/06/2022

A thing where Aya recalls certain events that happened at the worst possible timing!

Kabuto was attacked by a group of Sound ninja. Thankfully, the exam's proctor Ibiki Morino, a strange looking guy with a scar carved across his face, had intervened and everyone had been assigned to seats. Even though he'd stated he would be their worst enemy, he was certainly a major help with the Otogakure shinobi. The minute he yelled at them, they'd backed off, and the group was thankful to be able to live to see another day.

These exams proved to be both Aya Inoue and Naruto Uzumaki's worst nightmare. Written exams were a thing of the past: a horrible memory that neither genin had wanted to remember. After becoming official ninja, they were hoping that the days of stupid tests and paperwork were all gone for good and that they'd never have to see those horrid things ever again.

Unfortunately, Lady Luck thought otherwise. As the friends became separated, each going to different seats, they exchanged looks of sorrow. They gave each other a salute, wishing themselves luck in the battle against the terror known as writtene exams, and took their seats.

She stared emptily at the paper before her, gray eyes dull and lifeless. She already knew that she was going to fail the exam, and she began to send prayers to her sensei and her team for bringing disgrace to their name. Her head fell on the table and she let out a sob, earning a couple of glances from the other participants in the room.

"Alright, listen up," Ibiki stated. "There are a few rules you need to be aware of. And I won't be answering any questions."

Not answering any questions? That's kinda pointless.

"Rule number 1: The written part of the exam is conducted by a point reduction system. Contrary to what you may be used to, you all begin the tests with a perfect score of 10 points. One point will be deducted for each answer you get wrong. So if you miss 3, your final score will be 7." He waited while his words sunk in.