Chapter 47 :: The Battle Ensues!

"This is as far you guys go."

One thing instantly stands out with the clone, and it's the fact that no matter the circumstances, Sasuke Uchiha would continue to carry on with that cocky attitude of his. Considering the current situation at hand, she found it hard to understand why exactly the brunet was acting cocky, especially since she had a slight feeling about the extent of the redhead boy's abilities. When she thought about the outcome, the images weren't very pretty.

Nonetheless, she only readied herself for a battle. Gaara's shadow was swirling, mixed with emotions she could barely comprehend, the beady yellow of eyes of the strange creature inside of him staring at her, as if it could sense her fear.

She didn't like it, and it seemed that the Sand siblings must've been thinking the same.

Sasuke taunted them. Of course he did, he was Sasuke after all.

In the process though, Temari launches an attack (though whether or not you can call kunai being thrown half-assedly as a warning), ordering her siblings to leave. She moves to a higher point in the trees, eyes glaring down at the two. Despite never knowing the older blond, the clone can't help but feel a twinge of despair and sadness, having admired her from afar.

Now to see her like this...the eyes that she glares from above reminds the real her of the villagers, unwanted memories trying to resurface―

Stop it. Now is not the time, the real Aya scolds. The clone snaps out of her dazed thoughts just in time to see Kankuro fleeing with Gaara in hand, Temari and Sasuke now facing each other a few branches away. She grits her teeth and clenches her fist, an unknown emotion coursing through her. Think later, act now. Follow him.

"Need any help?" The clone questions, jumping to land on the branch beside him. She glances at the blond and frowns. "Actually, nevermind. I don't think I can face that―"

"Oh, don't be such an ass," Sasuke snaps. He moves quickly, just in time to shove the clone out of the way before a gust of wind snaps the branch into two. She makes a mental note to ask Yachi if there was ever a chance she could master the Wind Affinity. For now, her attention reverts to Sasuke, panting behind a wide tree trunk while the wind blows past, breaking everything in its wake. His dark eyes narrow in on her figure for a minute. "How are you doing that?"