Chapter 2 :: Konohamaru? Never Heard Of Him.

Edited: 03/06/2022

Edited: 03/06/2022

"Whoa, what happened to your hair?"

"Wha―oh, you mean this?" She grabbed a strand of her now short hair and sighed. "This is all your fault, Naruto." She pouted, poking harshly at his sides. "If you hadn't been such a brat my hair would not be looking like a mess right now!"

Technically speaking, it definitely was not Naruto's fault, but Aya was feeling pouty and irritated today.

But still, her hair was a mess. She was obviously no professional when it came to hairdressing and she learnt the hard way that a kunai was not the idealistic choice to use when cutting your hair. It only made her once neat locks uneven and she distinctly recalled crying in front of the mirror last night when she realized her long hair wouldn't be returning anytime soon.

Screw it. Naruto was totally to blame.

"Ow!" the blond slapped her hands away. "Will you stop that? I said I was sorry, what more can you possibly want from me?!" He paused in the streets to stare at her in annoyance, his hands on his hips. In return, the shorter girl did the same, mocking his movements. They glowered at each other in the middle of the street before Naruto finally caved in and continued down the path they were heading. "Look, if it helps," he continued, his head tilting to the side to look at her. "I think it suits you. Short hair looks really good on you, and it brings out your cute side." His hand reached out to tug at a strand. "Yeah, it definitely makes you way cuter than before, hehe."

She rolled her eyes despite the heat that stung her cheeks and pinched his hand. "What, I wasn't cute before?"

"Nah. I was the cuter one of us." He grinned when she scoffed and stuck his tongue out childishly. "I mean come on, you are kind of a brat to be honest. No offense, but you used to look so feral that it's no wonder no one wanted to be around you." He paused for a second and frowned at his wording. "Not that I'm saying people hate you, Aya, you're a great person and all that! You're likable too, but I guess you're such a wild card―" She cut off his ramblings with a wave of her hand, a small smile on her face.