Chapter 23 :: To Narrow The Field: A Death Elimination.

Edited: 11/06/2022

Edited: 11/06/2022

And here we are back to yet another silly recap given by yours truly, Aya Inoue!

So...looking back to the last (albeit horribly written chapter): the gang had been victorious up until the Ame shinobi (at least that's what Aya thinks they were) decided that they weren't about to back down. They made more clones, which was more troublesome than before and while she very well could have fend them off this time, for some reason Sakura had insisted for her not to do so.

It was only then did she see the pain that was written across their Uchiha's expression, and the mark where that damn snake had bitten into burning brightly. Although Aya didn't understand at the time, she agreed to avoid using any sort of chakra to fight, preferring to stand back while waiting for any kind of lucky break. Kabuto intervened― "I'm still not thanking you, glasses." "I wasn't expecting a thank you idiot."―and somehow, they defeated the masked enemies! In the end Naruto would find a Heaven scroll, which was exactly what they needed right before they entered the tower, all grimy and mucky, and definitely hungry on her part.

Immediately after, they encountered a weird looking mural, which led to them finally having an opportunity to open the scrolls and read what was inside. This resulted in Iruka sensei making an appearance―and yes, it was from the scroll. Sasuke stated it was a summoning jutsu―and he congratulated the team for making it thus far.

Of course there was the usual offer for ramen, but alas since the exams have to go on, that offer would have to wait until the next time they would finally have the time to interact with their old sensei. In the meantime, he explained a lot of stuff, most of which Aya couldn't understand because she was too busy trying to sneak away and find a comfortable enough place to take a nice nap. Iruka was simply not having it.

Should she have at least tried to pay attention to her sensei's gracious words? Oh, most definitely, and in the future she would curse herself for ignoring that sweet man.

Did she try to pay attention? Well, no, but that wasn't her fault! She was too hungry to properly think!

Did it even matter in the end? In some perspectives, yes, it did, because Aya could've used those words of praise from the man. On the other hand, it's not like she wouldn't have heard it in a later time to come.