Chapter 42 :: Anticipation: The Uchiha Vs The Sneaky Kunoichi!

The crowd was beginning to grow annoyed. They grumbled amongst themselves, eagerly anticipating the arrival of the one shinobi, the boy that even the leaders were willing to stay and watch the final rounds. They were too excited to care or notice the Hokage whispering to his subordinate, or the tension rising between the village leaders.

The third match went on ahead. Kankuro of the Sand withdrew, leaving Shino Aburame as the winner. This did not end well with the audience, as they yelled and complained about their lack of entertainment. His older sister Temari entered the ring, and so the fourth round would start, leading Shikamaru Nara to forfeit at the end.

And still the audience weren't satisfied. Listening to them drone on and beg for battle gave Shizake a headache. They were all so eager to see children fight against each other in order to survive and yet had they been in the same position, they would've been singing a different tune.

The Uchiha let out a sigh. He knew he needn't worry about his cousin; the boy was probably getting some last minute training in with Kakashi-sensei, but he wished he'd hurry up and finish his battle soon. He was beginning to grow tired of all this ruckus.

'Oh god, am I turning into Shikamaru?' He chuckled to himself and entered the arena. 'I'd hoped not. I've got too much planning to think about sleeping all day, hehe.'

His sudden appearance caused the stadium to go quiet. The Hokage whispered something to his advisor and nodded at Genma. The older man only shrugged in response and turned to face the now silent crowd.

"Shizake Uchiha of the Hidden Leaf Village, going up against Yuzuriha, the kunoichi of the Rain!!"

Gasps scattered through the crowd. Many of them were whispering conspiracies to each other, eyes glancing back and forth between the dark haired boy and the third Hokage, who all but chuckled at their unwanted surprise. He didn't need to listen to know that they were talking about his name, and a slight irritation coursed through him when the murmurings wouldn't cease until his opponent, the sneaky looking kuniochi Yuzuriha, appeared. Shizake internally grimaced as the many of the males in the stadium cat-called and made some unwanted noises and rolled his eyes. She may have been stunning, but she was a shinobi nonetheless. He wouldn't let his guard down around her.