Chapter 22 :: The Scroll's Secret And Some Clones

Edited: 11/06/2022

Edited: 11/06/2022

Aya's day couldn't have gotten any worse. Not only did a pounding headache decide to hit her at the worst possible timing, but it would also seem that her friends, mainly Sakura and Sasuke, were hiding something from her. Naruto was just as clueless to this fact as she was, so she didn't feel the need to worry about her best friend lying. The blond was always honest with her, and vice versa.

Speaking about Sasuke, she truly believed the boy had lost his mind. Since she's regained consciousness, the Uchiha has been awfully nice to her. A little too nice from someone of his status. Of course, the same could be said with his treatment towards Sakura, and maybe towards Naruto by a couple of inches.

But it still freaked her out. She was more used to him yelling at her, acting all arrogant and other stuff he usually did.

Maybe his possible near-death sentence has changed him? She hoped not, because then she'd feel bad for still holding a grudge against him.

"It's been four days since these exams have started," Sasuke pointed out, and once again she couldn't help but mock him in her head while attempting to dry Naruto off. "We're definitely not going to break any records, and there's only 24 hours left."

Pooey. I'm hungry.

She stared blankly at the skewered fish, biting into the not-so-tasty morsel while looking off into the distance. Oh to finally be able to eat ramen again. She would make sure to ask Yaachan or Iruka-sensei to buy her a nice, big bowl again if she ever made it out of this forest alive.

Hopefully she did, because she wasn't sure how much longer she could keep eating this weird food.

For a while, she ended up ignoring the others. She knew Sasuke got up to leave, mentioning something about water. Sakura and Naruto were eating, or something like that. And she was staring off into the forest, her brain going black while she tried to wrack her mind for any memory of their encounter with the Sound shinobi.