Chapter 45 :: Konoha Crush!? Divided By Two, Multiplied By Zero?

Tsubaki was the first to release the genjutsu. With a frown, she glanced at the pinkette sitting beside her, a worried expression evident in her eyes. They made eye contact and nodded, now sitting up straighter to get a better view of their surroundings. Wherever they looked, the civilians and even a few shinobi had fallen asleep, save for her cousin, the Tsuyuri clan head, and Kakashi Hatake, along with his bug-eyed friend Might Gai.

Itama caught on rather quickly a few minutes into the jutsu. When he released it, he found himself lying in a different place than where he had been previously. His eyes widened as he stood to his feet, eyes sweeping across the mounds of unconscious people to look for his friends and his brother.

'It's gotta be that ANBU's doing.' He bit his lip, spotting Tsubaki and Sakura conversing with each other. Although he was surprised, he also knew how talented the girls were. No doubt they were able to break free from the genjutsu even before it was cast. 'Or maybe he was a spy. I mean, why else would they pull a stunt like that?' He glanced around the room. Kakashi and Gai, Naruto Uzumaki and that Neji Hyuga boy's squad leaders, were still awake as well. Judging by what he could see from his position in the stands, the two were facing off against six, maybe seven, enemy ninja. They were skilled jounin so he decided to leave them be, instead looking across the aisle once again to see a familiar head of brown or black.

He pressed his body against the wall and treaded lightly. Though he wasn't a coward―(fingers crossed, he had yet to be in another life or death situation where he didn't die yet again)―he knew that the best case scenario would be to avoid confrontation as much as possible until the time was right. For now, he peered along the rows and rows filled with sleeping shinobi, eyes peeled for either a waking eye or one of his friends.

Saeko's eyes glanced towards the arena. The redhead boy Sasuke Uchiha had been up against looked to be in pain, clutching his head as his sand shield all but fell apart. Her eyes narrowed when the boy's siblings rushed in, grabbing ahold of him and leaving the stadium into the forest.

"So much for enjoying my little vacation," she sighs and pushes herself to stand. She stretches her arms boredly and glances at the Kamada sitting beside her, a look of amusement flashing in his usual boring eyes. "Well, Mr. Toma. Are you going to join me in this battle of fisticuffs?"