Chapter 7 :: Teamwork Is Dreamwork, I Guess.

Edited: 10/06/2022

Edited: 10/06/2022

A total of 20 days has passed (2 weeks and 6 days but who was counting?)

Aya spent most of her time practicing her tree-climbing (or at least trying to do so) in a small, forested area in the city. Her teammates took turns giving her advice, though unfortunately for her, she was usually stuck with Isamu, who was a horrible instructor. Yachi would often take small trips at certain intervals and normally left orders for Isamu to keep an eye on Aya, and for the genin in question to continue her chakra control.

She'd be lying if she said she wasn't the tiniest bit suspicious of their actions and their secretive behavior, but she wouldn't judge. They did say after all that this was a B-rank mission, and as such she figured that she wouldn't intervene unless they asked her.

So till then....

"Are you dumb on purpose?" Isamu towered over her with a grim look on his face. "If I had a coin for every time you've failed today, I'd be rich enough to become the next Hokage, which is definitely saying something." He prodded her with his bare feet. "Move your ass, Stupid-Aya."

"Shut up, Stinkymu," she snapped. "I'm trying my best here, alright?" She forced herself to sit up, glaring at the tree. "I'm not as naturally talented as you, just so you know! And anyways," she glanced at the boy in annoyance. "Why the hell does Yachi do all the work and you're stuck here with me? Can't you guys just take turns or something?"

In response, the chunin sighed, running his hands through his hair. Had the situation been any different, she felt as if she'd definitely been one of those fangirls that would fawn over her new teammate for his looks, but as it was right now, Isamu was a jerk in terms of personality. Even Sasuke was nicer than he was, and Sasuke hated her so that was something. "Trust me, I don't like it anymore than you do. But we have yet to receive certain orders and as it stands, Yachi here is the only one with both the talent of defending herself and the skill of reading."

"What? What the hell is that supposed to mean?!"

"Exactly what I'm implying," he muttered. "I'm not saying you're illiterate (though with your stupidity it's hard to say) but considering this is your first mission, not to mention you have absolutely no skill whatsoever when it comes to clients and contracts, you're definitely a no-go. As for me, well, I'm not dumb like you, but blind people can't exactly read calligraphy just like that, you know?" He crossed his arms. "Not to mention, if word gets out that there's a blind-eye in this team, certain.....people may wanna take advantage of that fact. And we just can't have that, alright?"