Chapter 51 :: Yashamaru

"The cursed mark

"The cursed mark..." Sakura chews on her lower lip, green eyes half-glancing at the clone occasionally. Aya takes notice of this and stares at her questionably, and she yields. "Aya, have yours...have you...you know?"

Ah, Sakura....

She shakes her head no. "To be frank, I'm just a clone," she answers. "As for my real body, well, I'm not too sure, but judging by the fact that I haven't disappeared yet, I'm assuming she's not really using too much chakra." And then she forces a smile. "Don't worry about me right now, Sakura. Sasuke's the bigger issue right now." And of course that feral child Gaara.

Sasuke tries to move, but the pain is too much for him to bear. He screams and the girls panic, and the Inoue quickly grabs ahold of his arms just in case he loses his mind again.

"Hey, Sakura."

"Ah, Sasuke, don't...try not to move―"

"Sakura!"

"Aya, why didn't you try to stop him before he got injured, hm? Or at least, I don't know, try and help?!"

"Huh?! Don't blame me for this, Miss Forehead, I tried alright!! And Sasuke never listens to me anyway!"

"Sakura, Aya―"

"Says, you, Madam Pettanko!"

"GUYS!!"

The girls' short argument is cut short by Naruto, and the clone wants to insult him, but then decides against it. For one, it wouldn't be very fair to the boy who had nothing to do with the argument in the first place. For another, the atmosphere was too tense for any petty insults. The girls were just frustrated, and so they mutter quick apologies to each other before their attention is finally focused on the snarling redhead.

Kakashi-sensei said that he'd already handled the cursed mark. If I remember right, Chongyun says that the cursed mark only works if the user actually wants it too. Does that mean....Sasuke purposely...for the sake of

Her blond interrupts her thoughts by pointing a finger towards the growling redhead, his blue eyes clouded slightly with confusion. Aya grimaces and answers, "That's Gaara, Whiskers. Couldn't you tell?"