Chapter 6 :: Let The Training Commence! The City Of Contracts!

Edited: 09/06/2022

Edited: 09/06/2022

"Alright kid," the carrot-topped girl started five minutes into their journey. "Tell me everything you know about chakra."

The genin frowned in confusion, racking her head for memories of her old sensei's teachings. She really wished she'd paid more attention to the man instead of dozing off every two seconds, but in her defense, the words sometimes flew right over her head. It's not particularly her fault that she couldn't remember, right? "Chakra...is essential to even the most basic jutsu...?"

Yachi nodded, rolling her eyes at her hesitance. "Right. Through various methods, the most common of which is hand seals, chakra can be controlled and manipulated to create an effect that would not be possible otherwise, such as walking on water, exhaling fire, or creating illusions. At any given time, a ninja will have a "maximum" amount of chakra that they can form and use before it runs out and they need to rest to replenish it. With practice this maximum can be increased, but to a certain extent as they are limited to the quantity and strength of chakra that their genetics grants them. Each person's chakra is different and as such gives off a unique chakra signature, which sensor type ninja are able to detect. Most chakra signatures are passed genetically, allowing a person's clan to be identified by their chakra; over time, entire populations can have perceptibly different chakra. You understand?"

No. "I think so."

"She's lying~" Isamu quipped in a sing-song voice, smirking lightly when the girl flashed an annoyed glance in his direction. "You know, if I'd known our new teammate, a genin especially, would be this dumb, I might've settled for that offer from Lord Danzo after all."

The oldest of the three sighed, her eyes rolling once more at her teammate's comment before replacing her focus on their genin. "Do you know what chakra control is?" She sighed, continuing with her explanation. "Because chakra takes time and a great deal of training to gradually build up, the key to its use is not actually having large amounts of chakra but instead being able to sufficiently control and conserve it. This is called chakra control. In order to have good chakra control, a ninja should only mold as much chakra as they need to perform a given ability. If they mould more chakra than is needed, the excess chakra is wasted and they will tire out faster from its loss. If they don't mold enough chakra, a technique will not be performed effectively, if at all, likely creating problems in a combat situation. Because chakra consists in part of spiritual energy, the user is more easily able to mold the correct amount of chakra by remaining calm and focused."