Chapter 41 :: The Final Rounds: Byakugan vs Ribbons!

"HEY~HEY~HEY~!"

The door to Itama's room slammed open: the force was hard enough to cause a dent in the opposite wall and a small crack formed along its wooden surface. The suddenness of it all earned a surprised squeal from the two-toned boy, who's leg seemed to be coming along nicely as there was no longer a cast, nor was his leg hooked up to the fancy gadget on the ceiling. This time, when he fell, he fell hard and his entire body slammed against the floor due to his surprise.

His attacker, the always grinning Aya Inoue, merely laughed at his clumsiness and extended a hand for the boy to take, which he shyly accepted while she yanked him back on top of the bed.

After the incident with Gaara, the four shinobi were forced to return to their own rooms or their homes. Kanao tried to disagree with Gai, but he insisted that she had to get ready for her own match tomorrow. Judging by the nasty looks the girl had given to her as she passed, Aya assumed that their little teamwork moment did not change her opinion on her. Naruto asked her to join him on a ramen date (it was more of a hangout type situation), but she had refused, claiming she had someone she wanted to check up on.

Naruto wasn't very happy about that. There was a quiet argument, during which the blond felt his friend was pulling a total Sasuke on him considering the fact that they've barely hung out since the exams have started, but Aya argued that she was merely waiting until the Chunin exams was officially over and that she totally wasn't avoiding her best friend: she just really wanted to see the cute, shy boy in room 3B.

"So you're ditching me for a boy?!" Naruto spat, his annoyance obvious in his tone. "What brought this change all of a sudden?! You've only known Itama for like a month maybe, and you've barely spoken at least 5 words to him. And yet here you are, trying to break up with me―"

"When you put it like that then it sounds like we're dating!!" Aya whisper-yelled, though her hot red cheeks said otherwise. "A-and it's not like I'm interested in him romantically, Naruto, so I don't see why you're so upset about it!"

The blond pouted and crossed his arms childishly. His bright blue eyes stared at her for so long that she had no choice but to look away in order to save face. He huffed.